ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2000 2.5 RS a few weeks back. The guy I bought it from has the alarm on silent mode. I was wondering how do I or where do I go to adjust both the sensitivity of the alarm and the loudness of the alarm. I'm assuming there isn't a volume knob, but rather some way to just turn the alarm from silent mode to on mode or something. I hear no chirps or anything that I should be hearing.

Sorry for the newb question, but gotta start somewhere! Thanks for the help.

Nick

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yeah, I think you're right I haven't heard of a volume control. But as I recall, if you press Unlock once, and then press both Unlock and Lock for 2 seconds it enables the buzzer, chirp, beep, honk, whatever you call it. Letting you know that its locked. Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Damn, well you could try looking at your owner's manual if you haven't already. If you can't find it there I guess you'll just have to take your car to the dealership...Just don't take it to Shortline lol. :p

·
Registered
799 Posts
I found it.

To deactivate or activate the electronic chirp, first unlock the doors by pushing "unlock/disarm", then simultaneously depress "lock/arm" for three seconds.
An electronic chirp will sound twice and the turn signals lights will flash twice to verify that the audible signal has been turned on or off.

of course this is assuming its the same alarm as my wrx.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may sound stupid, but is it possible that it doesn't even have a siren? I checked the engine bay, normally sirens are mounted on the firewall, but I saw none.

So my thought is, it just wasn't equipped from the factory for the alarm. It has the ignition cut off and the red light next to the cruise/fog lamp switch.

Is this a legit thought?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahah Tahnks. Maybe if I stop in for an oil filter or something I'll have them take a peak at it.

BTW...I don't live too far from Mike Shah, so that's where I'd be heading to!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts