ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a 2018 WRX with most bolt ons that's been etuned. No suspension work so far. I wanna eliminate wheel gap but also want better handling as I do plan to do some autocross this summer.

I have a rear sway bar in the mail already.

Now I'm debating RCE Yellows (wanted blacks but can't find them anywhere) but I hear the ride can be pretty stiff. I've also looked into Fortune Auto 500s w/ swift springs. Can anyone that's had experience with both comment on how much of a stiffer ride it would be? This is my daily but I do want to autocross it this summer as well.

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
If you are autocrossing, it is in your best interest to consider the class and rulebook.

What class do you intend to compete?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately started modifying my car before I looked at any rule books... I am likely going to have to compete in Street Prepared where I am going to get absolutely creamed. My wheels are 18x9.5 and I just bought a set of 255 tires and by tire size alone I fall into that class (looking into options to get 245s on my stock wheels but as of now thats likely not happening this year). I am doing auto cross just for fun though and dont expect to be anywhere near competitive this season.

Car is primarily a daily driver and I take out for more spirited drives in the mountains and an auto cross car secondarily. I know they will both be stiffer than stock but if the difference is marginal and the coil overs would provide that much more of an advantage for auto cross I would go that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing more research it seems that RCE is a higher tier brand and more respected generally speaking than Fortune Auto. The two coilovers that stuck out are the RCE Zeros and Superstreet-1s. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

The SS1 appear to be an overall better value, adjustable dampening, similar spring rates and cheaper. Zeros are pre-set dampening and more expensive which doesn't make sense to me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts