Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time suby owner please help!
I have a 2017 wrx base that runs fine, although lately its devoloped a Minor oil leak around the turbo, see pic. I think its the oil return line? At least thats what i think the technician said. Theres a small plastic clip/coupler that attaches the metal line to the hose and what i believe is a presure sensor. This is where the leak is coming from. I just need some help to confirm the issue and find a replacement hose asy. I mostly just need a part #, Are there any videos showing replacement?
It has a boomba bpv but I read that shouldn't affect anything on my stock ecu or require special tuning. Also has mishimoto rad and thermostat. I want to also add an hks oil cooler, and killerB tmic. These also should be Safe on stock tune right? Maybe next spring I'll also want a bored fp blue but ill probably go stage 1 at that point...also looking for general build and maintenance guidance as a noob suby owner. Yes Ive done diff fluid.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Car

Thanks for looking!

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
Yeah, if you want to just piss money away for no return.

As far as that specific part number I don't have it but the oil feed and return lines should be difficult to find. If you want the oem part number try hunting down a fsm and finding it in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, if you want to just piss money away for no return.

As far as that specific part number I don't have it but the oil feed and return lines should be difficult to find. If you want the oem part number try hunting down a fsm and finding it in there.
Thanks for your opinion. I suppose you're refering to the fp blue or tmic with regard to spending money. As for the leak thanks for confirming thats a return line while not providing a part#

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
Thanks for your opinion. I suppose you're refering to the fp blue or tmic with regard to spending money. As for the leak thanks for confirming thats a return line while not providing a part#
I tried not to be a dick by telling you to Google because I did and it took me 4 seconds.

Now I'm going to tell you. It popped up as the first result when I googled it. Go do that.

It's no opinion, it's fact. None of those modifications will do anything to make you any power but the turbo. That's a moot point anyway because it's not all that much and the stock turbo is still limited by the modifications you've chosen. So, the fp blue would be a complete waste when you've got a 430hp capable turbo installed from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried not to be a dick by telling you to Google because I did and it took me 4 seconds.

Now I'm going to tell you. It popped up as the first result when I googled it. Go do that.

It's no opinion, it's fact. None of those modifications will do anything to make you any power but the turbo. That's a moot point anyway because it's not all that much and the stock turbo is still limited by the modifications you've chosen. So, the fp blue would be a complete waste when you've got a 430hp capable turbo installed from the factory.
Cool I know you're an expert, thats why Im asking. If I do exaust and intake I can tune for around 300WHP until I can do internals. Anyone who drives these knows theyre limited by the rods anyway. I just want a moderate power boost and good temps. I'll pay out the ass for cosmetics and less plastic but Im not building a track car. I was hoping to hear from someone whos more familiar with the FA's and maybe already has fsm. Theres no need to be toxic here. Again, thanks for your critical feedback🙏 sorry to annoy

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
Cool I know you're an expert, thats why Im asking. If I do exaust and intake I can tune for around 300WHP until I can do internals. Anyone who drives these knows theyre limited by the rods anyway. I just want a moderate power boost and good temps. I'll pay out the ass for cosmetics and less plastic but Im not building a track car. I was hoping to hear from someone whos more familiar with the FA's and maybe already has fsm. Theres no need to be toxic here. Again, thanks for your critical feedback🙏 sorry to annoy
Your car should make around 300 awhp with just the turbo back and a tune, the intake will solidify that to about 310. Your car is hugely limited by the factory shortblock. 350 is a safe comfortable zone and the harder you push the more likely a rod goes through the block. Nobody wants that.

A solid 300awhp will be easy as long as you don't have the CVT. Although most shops won't do the egr and tgv deletes anymore they can be done to push you a little further past that. I'd be hesitant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts