ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Nice!
Did you use your DeLorean to retrieve this video from tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!
Did you use your DeLorean to retrieve this video from tomorrow?
My friend Schumacher sent it to me.

The date is for the launch of the car tomorrow.

·
48,699 Posts
LOL, thanks.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I like the **** cam!
You think the car has a trick at the front end Rage? Front wing passive F-duct maybe.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I definitely feel that sneaky Brawn is hiding something.Why else delay the launch.We will find out tomorrow.

The reviews say that it looks terrible.As long it wins I don't care if it looks like a brick.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I would like to see MSC go faster this year too. This is in stark contrast to my initial thoughts about him (I think Senna was right about the Benetton back then) but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since. More power to him. I can't quite work out how to feel about Rosberg yet; it's still confusing to me that he thinks he's German. He's so often quicker than MSC though, and usually comes across as a sympathetic character.

Every year I think the cars are ugly compared to the previous year's cars. Then I get used to them.

·
5,780 Posts
The benneton and the subsequent ferraris he won in all had Traction control. Most cars on the grid before the McLaren ECU had TC.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I'm sure the actually piece in the car is probably worth what some of us paid for our real cars. ;)

·
5,780 Posts
Yea the thrust masters dials are dummy's nothing like the functionality of the real wheel, and no clutch paddles..

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
:0 scuse me while I go clean up my shorts....

that's insane!! Granted there's a whole lot going on with that wheel.. not your average steering device lol.

·
5,780 Posts
What's insane is how many adjustments they make each lap. Every corner they adjust the diff and brake balance. Plus the KERS adjustments, shifting, and the DRS.

·
29,225 Posts
What's insane is how many adjustments they make each lap. Every corner they adjust the diff and brake balance. Plus the KERS adjustments, shifting, and the DRS.
It is, isn't it?!

Somewhere there is a Senna vs. MSC split-screen comparo from non-simultaneous JP GPs. Senna was rowing with the shifter so his hand was sometimes off the wheel, MSC was using paddles instead and was a lot less busy then. Now MSC would be just as busy fidlding with buttons and knobs.

I can see an old-style brake bias lever, OK, but an entire video game on the wheel for the driver to dial in every little instant? I don't know if this is what the idea was behind racing or not.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somewhere there is a Senna vs. MSC split-screen comparo from non-simultaneous JP GPs. Senna was rowing with the shifter so his hand was sometimes off the wheel, MSC was using paddles instead and was a lot less busy then. Now MSC would be just as busy fidlding with buttons and knobs. .

·
48,699 Posts
Great vids, Tony!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good God,at 1:26 Senna took his hand off the wheel just before entering 130R almost as if he was searching for an extra gear to go even faster.I wouldn't even dare do that on my PS3!

·
29,225 Posts
Yes Senna did not mess around!

I wonder though, could he be doing or considering a bias adjustment going in rather than grabbing for a gear? Or could he even be readying himself for a mess at the entry and planning ahead for a downshift etc.?

Senna was something else.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts