ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a car about a month ago... 2002 subaru WRX. i bring it by my uncles yesterday so he can pull off my side skirts and paint them. after about 1 minute he says "hey man, your car's been in a pretty bad accident".

he shows me paint and tape lines all over and comes to this conclusion (mind you, he has been a top body shop guy for quite some time).

-my front fender has been replaced.

-my driver side front door has been replaced and painted with the wrong code which makes it look a bit of darker silver. (they also oversprayed onto the plastic wheel well due to a crappy tape job.

-my rear 1/4 panel was replaced and looks like bondo may have been used.

-paint lines under rubber seperating door from roof... (roof was repainted)

-broken glass under the spare tire entailing that the rear windshield had been broken out also.

when i bought the car i asked THE SALESMAN, THE DEALERSHIP MANAGER, AND THE SERVICE MANAGER.... they all said the car HAD NOT been in an accident and the inspector said it was perfect. i asked for a carfax and they said they already checked it and its perfect.

my mom says theres nothing i can do.. so pretty much got lied to straight to my face about it being in an accident... and the fact that "they didnt know" doesnt fly with me because : I called like i was a buyer and asked "if i was buying a car from you guys, what can i expect the inspector to look for"... they named several things that are blatently wrong with my car.

i dont care about most of it, but the fact that one of doors obviously doesnt match right, and my back 1/4 panel may have bonda REALLY P*SSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!! is there anything i can do... these F0ckers lied STRAIGHT TO MY FACE!! shady ass mother f0ckers!!!

is there anything i can do to have them re-due this for a better job? my mom said i cant do anything cuz i bought the car as is...
but part of as is, was them telling me it wasnt in an accident.

not to mention when i traded in my integra gsr, the inspector said "its been in an accident" and it would have been MUCH more difficult to detect my integra being in an accident than my wrx. so obviously they knew about it

btw: this is subaru of schaumburg in schaumburg IL, and they have been talked about several times on this board for shady dealings and screwing people over.... so NO ONE buy from them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to here that, dude.

Maybe contact a local newspaper or TV news program?

If you're stuck with it, I hope it rides straight and runs good. It is a Rex, so that will keep it in the good, even after an accident.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thedogmmm said:
Sorry to here that, dude.

Maybe contact a local newspaper or TV news program?

If you're stuck with it, I hope it rides straight and runs good. It is a Rex, so that will keep it in the good, even after an accident.
it seems mechanically sound, and runs good, but i need to get the clutch chudder fixed and my key remote is not working already...

it just really upsets me... i am only 18 and working my ass of to enjoy this car, but when i find out all that money is going into a product that i was mis-informed about its condition it really pisses me off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
put on gloves, and throw a rock through every single car window on the lot, then throw a rock through every single window of the dealership.

:eek3: :wiggles:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do what Josh said....wait, no...better do that later.
First:
Sit down and write an even tempered complaint letter to the Better Business Bureau outlining everything -
Who you spoke to at the dealer.
Names/dates
If you can remember, specific questions, who you asked, and the exact answers you were given.
What your uncle found when he inspected the car.
Copy the dealer principal, sales manager, and possibly SOA when you send the letter. Paper letter, not email...send it registered mail if you want to go so far. Does your family have an attorney? Copy him/her too.
The fact is you bought the car AS IS so you shouldn't expect anything out of this other than the satisfaction of possibly screwing the dealer with the complaint on file with the BBB.

Sorry man. Hopefully you and your uncle can clean up the mess left by the other body shop and you can move on. As long as the car is sound, you should not let this lessen the experience of owning the car.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
That really sucks, but I think you're pretty much stuck. What do you want out of this? To take the car back? I think if you feel they owe you something, the first step would be to ask them for it. Confront them with what your uncle told you, and see what they say. If they are bastards about it, then take it to the next level: BBB, and any other watchdog outfits you can find in your area. Make your experience extremely public by posting your experience with them on every web forum you can find even remotely related to Subarus. Just make sure you stick to the facts, don't give them any grounds to sue you for libel.

It sucks, but that's how it goes. Never trust a car salesman, ever, even if he seems like an OK guy. I've learned that the hard way, even got sorta screwed over by a "friend." Get everything in writing, and if he says he got Carfax, ask him to see it. If he says he's selling at invoice, ask him to see it. Never take his word for anything.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
sorry bro....i would go to the dealership and give them a chance to make up for it....see what they say..they say anything you dont like..get publicity and make them look like idiots/retards that they are for selling u this..that's just messed up

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's possible the person who sold it to them had the work done under the table so the VIN wouldn't show up on a carfax so it's possible the salesman was telling the truth... although I doubt it

Go back and ask to see the carfax... maybe it would shed some light on that possibility... or you could always get one yourself and if it comes back that it had work done on it you would have ammo for whatever course of action you choose to take...

just my 2 cents, good luck in any case

·
Registered
461 Posts
BarbieJeep said:
It's possible the person who sold it to them had the work done under the table so the VIN wouldn't show up on a carfax so it's possible the salesman was telling the truth... although I doubt it

Go back and ask to see the carfax... maybe it would shed some light on that possibility... or you could always get one yourself and if it comes back that it had work done on it you would have ammo for whatever course of action you choose to take...

just my 2 cents, good luck in any case
I was just about to come back and suggest getting your own carfax. That way if it does show up on the record you'll also have that in your pocket to use against them.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
B.B.B, And a nice fat Newspaper add would help others and may bring the dealer to fix the prob in some way or at least warn others of their shady practice.

The Rock thing would be nice,

But alas they are insured for that kinda thing, and think about the folks that would get the repaired cars...........As NEW:(.

Shotgun

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I bought my last car. I didn't do anything about it because I was pretty young and wasn't sure of myself when it came to laying the smack down.

So, here's my advice: Lay the motherfawking smack down on those sleazebags. Go nuts on them and start yelling in the showroom (the more customers around the better) if that's what it takes. Make 'em pay hardcore. Don't give up. Hell, I'll call and give you a freakin' pep talk every day.

I want this thread to reflect your progress with these scum and end up being so good that someone posts the "This thread rocks!" pic with the fat guy.

Amen.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've heard that its called false advertisement if they told you that it hasn't been in a car accident and it was. Just to let you know.. a car dealership locally was selling cars that were total losses and fixed to almost brand new looking. People started getting wise by checking carfax reports and found out the truth because almost all their cars had problems. The dealer no longer sells cars. In fact they shut down. Word got around in the local newspaper of what they were doing and within a month :sadwave: . You should try that.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
You know, I've always wanted to take a high powered rifle.....eh maybe a 308 and shoot straight through the side windows of the longest line of cars on the lot all with one shot.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
ShotgunTC88 said:
B.B.B, And a nice fat Newspaper add would help others and may bring the dealer to fix the prob in some way or at least warn others of their shady practice.
^^^
I agree. I also think that you should walk into the dealership and throw your own feces at them.

Nobody wants to F with teh fecus. :wiggles:

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
When a quarter is replaced you have to use plastic, there is no way around it. Carfax is a joke. Carfax will only have records if your car was stolen, flooded, totaled, etc etc etc. Sometimes they don't even get that. I bought my car on an auction 3 feet shorter in the a$$ and fixed it. It comes up clean on a car-fax, plus it has a clean title. Salesmen will tell you what you want to hear, but they may not have known it was hit. For instance, if you got in a fender bender, had it fixed, and traded the car in would the salesman know about it?....no. Carfax wouldn't have a record of it either. Sorry to here about your misfortune.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Trailboss said:
put on gloves, and throw a rock through every single car window on the lot, then throw a rock through every single window of the dealership.

:eek3: :wiggles:
Some more fine advice from our fine moderators. Esp. the glove bit.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts