Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day guys (are there any girls on here yet?),

I am looking for some advice on good options for front and rear sway bars for the WAGON.

Also - once I am under there pulling bits out - are there any really dodgey stock bits like bushings or links that should be changed at the same time?

Cheers,

Andrew
aussieinstlouis

Hangover - Australian for 'Where's the pub?'

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
my first mod was putting a sedan sway bar on my wagon. it works well and fits. no one can tell the difference without a caliper. if you want to go beyond that, get an adjustable rear so you can tune the stiffness to your own personal liking.

the stock links are a bit weak in the rear, but unless you're going with a really thick sway bar, they should hold up for now. if you do replace the links, the stiffer the bar, the more difference you will feel with the links.

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are sway bars pretty much of a muchness between manufacturers, or is there a must have? They don't seem to vary in price much.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I doubt there's much difference between manufacturers - its a pretty simple part. I have whiteline 22mm adj. rear set to 24mm on my Wagon. I like it a lot. With the stock front, that stiff of a bar does make it so the back end steps out pretty easily - that's how I like it, but if you're not sure start with a softer setting so you don't get yourself in trouble.

I originally put it on with the Whiteline 22mm front bar, but took that off. It was simply too stiff for the stock suspension. Understeer may have been reduced a bit in the dry, but it was horrendous in the rain - pushed really badly. The front did have a nice solid feel that way, just no grip!

Chris

·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you sell/stock the Cusco?
If so what price for front and rear for the wagon? and shipping to St Louis.
Do you recommned replacing the rear sway bar links as well? I have read that the plastic ones are too flexible.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
20 Posts
off topic, rainy weather

This is a bit off topic but I live in Seattle and almost everyday for 9 months it pours on the way to work (30 miles through severe traffic). What is the best sway bar setup for this type of driving (rain weather grip in emergency manuver situations)(Wagon)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts