Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nah, this isn't a bible chat, I just wanted to post a really cool picture....
Anyone else love this movie besides me? Let's get a Pulp Fiction chat going up on here!

-Josh

·
Registered
416 Posts
"The path of the riteous man is beset on all sides...

"I said God Damn" I really do love this movie. I love how Tarantino uses that "out-of-order", just to disorient you style!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular reason? Or just a general distaste?

·
1,379 Posts
I'm a PF fan, I'll own up to it. :D It's fun and incredibly quotable, with plenty of brain food thrown in for good measure. We talked about PF at length in a pop culture class back in college, about little quirks in the storyline that most people gloss over. Like, the Mr. Wolf thing. Jules and Vincent fall all over themselves praising Mr. Wolf's problem solving skills when all he did was tell them to do the obvious solution. What was Tarantino trying to say? There's a million of these little questions that you just don't get from a normal movie. Good stuff.

·
Registered
416 Posts
junaitari said:
I thought it was the stupidest movie I've ever seen. Not a big fan of Tarantino films.
Don't worry, there are a lot of people that don't like to think about movies, they just prefer to stare mindlessly at the screen for two hours watching a film completely devoid of all intellectual value! You are not alone junaitari! j/k

No seriously I enjoy a movie that really makes you work at figuring out whats up. Another Excellent movie along these lines in Memento!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
campbell said:

Don't worry, there are a lot of people that don't like to think about movies, they just prefer to stare mindlessly at the screen for two hours watching a film completely devoid of all intellectual value! You are not alone junaitari! j/k
Yeah, I love the way that you don't really understand the movie 100% the first time around. One reason why I think I like it a lot is because not many other movies are set up the way PF is.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
junaitari said:

Actually I did understand it. Just didn't like it. You want a movie that makes you think, watch Natural Born Killers. Or maybe Clockwork Orange.
hmmm

i actually put those films into the same "cult" type of class.

i dug PF and reservoir dogs big time. but old kubrik? he was just amazing.

dR

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
play nice now kids......

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I loved Clockwork orange. there is a poster of that on my wall. Kubrick is a really amazing director.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you AutoXjunkie :)

Junaitari - it's all good - you opinion is valid

Peace.
-Josh

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Trailboss516 said:
Junaitari - it's all good - you opinion is valid
valid? definately...

pertinent? sure...

inflamatory? oh yeah, whip out the tucks pads baby!

just a few more seconds between brain and keyboard could have eliminated this entire issue. then the post would have been valid, pertinent, and anti-inflamatory....or something :D

*searching for preparationH to put out the flames*

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would like to add that although I think Tarantino is sort of a tool because he's always in his own movies, everyone shouldn't go around analyzing films based solely on the director. About 1 million other people contribute to the overall finished product, and although the director/writer/producer roll he seems to usually fill has the most control, you had better believe that there are ALWAYS other forces acting on the production of a movie, and to base what you think about Tarantino on his movies is just silly. Imagine if you had a friend who was really into spraying, and you told him that he was retarded for what he'd done to his car because his engine block is headed down a long path of abuse, would you stop being his friend. Movies are the same way, look at it this way, you might hate Tarantino's movies, but think he was the shiznit in person. Also....if anyone jacks another of Trailboss's threads, I'm going Force-Recon style on your @$$ !!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Kinda, but you just touched a nerve with the "how many many movie awards have you won" phrase. Can we call a truce? I'll delete my threads.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Timdog - :D :D

Junaitari - no harm done

In terms of hijacking....it happens.
Anyway, as we were saying....

-Josh

·
1,379 Posts
junaitari said:
Can we call a truce? I'll delete my threads.
Great idea! I'll reciprocate. Sorry about the friction!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think someone either took my Pulp Fiction DVD or I lost it cause I just tore apart my dormroom and I couldn't find it!! WTF!

:mad:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ClavoWRX said:
Who's Motorcycle is this ? (in squeaky female voice)

Who's motorcycle is this?
It's a chopper baby.
Who's chopper is this?
Zed's.
Who's Zed?
Zed's dead, baby....Zed's dead.

------------------

A question for the PF fans out there...Compare the very first shot in the film - Honey Bunny and Ringo. They kiss and say I love you. Then they hold up the store. Later in the movie, they replay the scene, but the lines are different. Instead of I love you hunny bunny, its something else (that I can't remember at this time). Anyone else notice this?
If so, do you think Tarantino did that deliberatly? Did he mean to say that this change in the text is on purpose, and it is a minor detail that doesn't matter if it is accurate? They couldn't have overlooked something as big as that.

Anyone?

-Josh

·
1,379 Posts
Yep, the difference is scripted. In the first draft of the script the two cuts were identical, the descrepency was added in a later draft. This isn't the only thing that changes. The Ezekiel speech changes slightly too, even though Jules prefaces it each time by saying that that it's a passage he's "got memorized", and has "been saying that s-it for years". Also, they play the scene where they execute Brett twice. The first time Jules fires until the gun is empty and the slide is locked back. The second time, not only does he not empty it, he also has several shots left to shoot the kid who comes out of the back room with the "hand cannon".

These aren't goofs. Movies aren't like plays, they're not (neccessarily) shot in the order the movie goes. For the scenes in the diner, they shot one version of Honey Bunny's proclamation, then the other, probably back to back. Ditto with shooting Brett.

Some folks speculate that Tarantino is showing that during stress, some people have wildly different memories of how things went down, and that he wanted to emphasize the effect of personal perception.

I personally suspect that maybe Tarantino has some sort of "alternate reality" thing going on, but I can't put my finger on what he'd be trying to do or say with it, if so. I'm thinking we may get some other hints if Tarantino ever goes ahead with The Vega Brothers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts