ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here run a Invidia Up pipe cat Back Exuast? If So let me know what you think.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Different uppipe brands will do pretty much nothing to the exhaust tone.

As for the Invidia CBE, there are a few of them. They range from OE look / somewhat quiet, to fartcan / obnoxious. As for the N1, there's a reason that style is so common in the FS section; if you go this route, do yourself a favor and save some $$ buying used so you don't take as much of a hit when you get tired of the drone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for a nice deep powerful tone, any Suggestions.. I have a 64 GTO,,, so this is all new to me ,clueless with the options out there.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Internet advice of "What exhaust?" is pretty much useless other than giving you ideas to consider.

There are four considerations when buying an exhaust:
1) Style: OE vs Fartcan
2) Volume: close to OE, medium, loud
3) 2.5" vs 3"
4) Budget

Figure what you're looking for in an exhaust, then hit up a few Subaru meets in your area. Get a feel for the exhaust in-person (video clips are useless except for a vague idea). See if the owners will give you a ride in the car, since that's where you'll be hearing it.

If you want to answer those four criteria, along with what car you have, people can give you some help on what exhausts may fit the bill.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm @ 45min from Pittsburgh, but have never heard of any meets , but Ill keep looking, thanks

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
Had one, sold it.

Invidia N1 Race is WAYYY too loud for my tastes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts