Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
external waste gate what you guys think ? know how to do it ,is possible and every body say is worth it , is it really? i think im going to doit just wondering if anybody has done it ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vf 34 , im looking for more mph on the traps my speedshop brought this to my attention , aparently it lowers the back pressure in the exhaust freeing up some hp ... any input

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbosmart its narrower and the exhaust port is bigger than the tial they told me i can put it anywhere on the exhaust manifold before the turbo, i have headers if i doit ill have to use only one runner of the header they say it will work , will it?

·
1,911 Posts
I've had nothing but problems with Turbosmart products. Trust me, get the Tial. It is the best wastegate available and modestly priced. I tested a VF34 with external and it's not worth it. Yes it helps maintain boost in the upper end but it starts getting hot up there and you have to take timin out anyway. Better to upgrade turbo instead. I assume you have a FMIC. If not get that first and some tuning. THat will get your trap speeds up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
god ,good info feel me in a little bit more so you say is not worth it ? yes i have fmic , so you recomend to stay w the factory wg from the vf-34 , the thing is i have boost peak but its not holding there i think my mbc is not set up right asked turbo xs about it did what they told me to and still is not working ,they claimed that the wg on the turbo was shot wich is impossible its new , i also noticed on your signature 390hp on pump gas on a wagon ,im having trouble here w pump gas dont know what to do its detonating i know is setting but i dont know where to start the best pump gas here is 93oct. its like my car is affraid of pump gas ,also here is very hot and humid

·
1,911 Posts
E-mail me Koki. We have high humidity here as well. I will walk you through the TUrbo XS boost controller issues. How much boost do you have at redline? With FMIC I believe I have around 17-18 PSI at redline with stock actuator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i email you thanx in advance, another question i have the turbo xs hyperflow fmic the inlet tube gets to hot on the outside iguess that the inside is hot too , so im goin to wrap the tubing to lower those temps , what do you think?

·
Banned
601 Posts
"god ,good info feel me in a little bit more so you say is not worth it ? yes i have fmic , so you recomend to stay w the factory wg from the vf-34 , the thing is i have boost peak but its not holding there i think my mbc is not set up right asked turbo xs about it did what they told me to and still is not working ,they claimed that the wg on the turbo was shot wich is impossible its new , i also noticed on your signature 390hp on pump gas on a wagon ,im having trouble here w pump gas dont know what to do its detonating i know is setting but i dont know where to start the best pump gas here is 93oct. its like my car is affraid of pump gas ,also here is very hot and humid"

read the vf34 wastegate porting thread....

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38959

I had the same problem as you I think... as the rpm goes up(above 5000rpm) the boost creeps cause the wastegate isn't big enough for a wrx. Either get an external wastegate, or get the wastegate ported(my opinion). Also, tuning your car less agressively would solve the knock problems...

peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts