Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my wrx about a month ago and my friends are all buging me to get some exterior mods..i was wondering if anyone had some suggestions of worthwhile investments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Worthwile investments:
uppipe, downpipe, (catless), bigger turbo, larger injectors, bigger fuel pump, some engine management, maybe FMIC.... Yeah that would be a nice start... Don't let your friends pressure you into rice :)...

If you want exterior there are many body kits, spoilers, grills, scoops, etc available just check out some places on line that sell WRX parts... wheels are nice especially with new rubber because your stock tires suck balls.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow..thanks for the speedy response..i'll definitely look into some of that...time to dig into the ol' retirement fund:rolleyes:

·
Registered
470 Posts
IMO go for performance with your money it's more fun.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
tint, esepcially with black, a body kit, perhaps new headlights, look around, click the link in my signature for plenty of rex pics for ideas

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've spent more money than I'd care to add up on the exterior of my car, and very little on the performance as of yet. The reason being that its a weekend toy and I only have 2500 miles on it since August. Cobb wont touch the car until I hit 5000 and thats going to be awhile, so I went ahead and did the exterior how I wanted it. Here are some pics of my car along with a list of whats on it... should give you some various ideas:

http://2000-z.cz28.com/wrx.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went with looks first.. partly because i actually like a lot of the cars you guys call rice, but also because I am weary of voiding my warranty. Both subaru dealerships here in VB are quite mod unfriendly. I have heard stores of whole warranties being voided for simple mods that can't hurt the car (cold air intake for example).

But...

I'm now getting close to 36K mi. and will have to start on the performance mods. I think a turbo back should be the first... I saw a pic of the HKS Hiper exhaust... Looks awesome, same performance as the hi-power...has anyone heard this? How does it sound?

·
Registered
442 Posts
2003WRX said:
...its a weekend toy and I only have 2500 miles on it since August.
Not trying to stray the topic, but I hate you. I've had mine since the end of September and I just hit 12.5k. Grrr..:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
verbal said:
Not trying to stray the topic, but I hate you. I've had mine since the end of September and I just hit 12.5k. Grrr..:D
End of september here too, i hit 13,800 by January (less than 4 months) thanks to my 1000mile round trips to sacramento. havent been there in over a month and i only put on 500miles since. unfortunately im going for another trip this month, bleh!

ANYWAYS, i just went crazy on exterior mods in the last month. Wheels/Tires, Lowering, JUN eyelids, clear corners, Xenon bulbs. (not to mention sound system, sway bar, and UTEC coming in) hope that gives some ideas.

I have an extra set of clear side lenses I can sell you for $20 shipped if you want (paypal). I bought a set without knowing my bro had already bought me a set with my money so i gotta get rid of one set :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts