ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I resisted the urge to add the extended warranty to the price of my car when I purchased it, but now I just got it in the mail again. Does anyone have experience with the official Subaru extended warranty? 1500 seems steep.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2011 limited with about 4k on her

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would extend the wear and tear portion to 6yr/60k for $564, 6yr/80k for $1135, or 6yr/100k for $1577.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
It would extend the wear and tear portion to 6yr/60k for $564, 6yr/80k for $1135, or 6yr/100k for $1577.

I could see the 6/60K one for $564, that gives you 10k a year of driving for maximum coverage... not too bad IMO...

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Do you plan on keeping the car stock?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its a Subaru!!! first off 60m power train coverage, 3/36 is for most other things which you might use. I passed on mine to upgrade to the extended warranty but I have had the Mod bug as well. I have had a lot of Subaru's and they are great built cars so save your money for something else or just put it the bank incase you need it for the car down the road. Chances are a timing belt is the biggest thing you will come across! Just my 2cents. ******************D

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I purchased my Warranty at singing, it's the cheapest time. I got 7 Years, 100 000 miles, bumper to bumper platinum or what ever rare earth metal they are calling it these days. Should be called the Onyx level warranty! Anyways.. I paid.. 27 000 -28 000 for the car? MSRP was about 265.. So.. Another 1500 dollars financed give or take. Didn't add much to the monthly payments, and you've got the peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
does the accesport void warranty?
It could deny a claim, for sure. Completely void...No.

My opinion on the extended warranty is that if you plan to keep the car completely stock and don't have the means to fix the car yourself, it's a good idea. If you plan any modification, or can fix the car yourself, I don't feel it's worth the money. $1500+interest can buy you quite a few replacement parts if you have a problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
I added mine, it was another $20-30 a month, and Im a little incompitent when it comes to doing work myself.
No tools, or facility...
So it seemed like a great idea.
And I figure once the car is paid off then I can start saving up for the things I would like to do. My loans 6 years, so the warranty will cover past the car loan. A huge piece of mind, with all the car trouble Ive had in my past.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help with my 2011 subaru sti, i have recently purchased the invidia catless downpipe and i have spt exaust and an injen cold air intake already installed, do you think this is a good setup? is the catless downpipe good for my car or will i have any problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help with my 2011 subaru sti, i have recently purchased the invidia catless downpipe and i have spt exaust and an injen cold air intake already installed, do you think this is a good setup? is the catless downpipe good for my car or will i have any problems?
also tune and acces port are coming in a week

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You'll get more responses if you start your own thread, this is a totally different subject, in short, not a good setup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts