Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, new guy here from Bergen County NJ. I recently got a 2019 WRX Limited CVT (I know, I know.. I can drive a manual but since this is my daily I didn’t want one).

Anyway I’m looking to find a new exhaust system. The stock exhaust is just too quiet. I want something that rumbles at idle, has a bit more volume through the entire rev range, but is as close to dead silent as possible on the highway with no drone. I also don’t want it to be too loud as I don’t like drawing attention to myself. I’m ok with catback but no turboback. I don’t want to tune because I want to keep my warranty.

Any suggestions would be great. In addition, if you’re local to me and are interested in meeting up to show me your exhaust that would be great. Trying to get a good feel of the market before buying so I’ve been watching all the videos on YouTube of each system, but those don’t give me a good sense of the sound.

(To the moderators, if this is the wrong section or I’m disobeying any rules, I apologize)

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Nothing on the 19 will rumble. The equal length headers on the fa engines did away with that.

There are tons of options for a good exhaust. I'm partial to Corsa. You've honestly got to hear bunch to find your sound. Try checking YouTube. Some popular exhausts are Corsa, nameless with either 4 or 5 inch cans, Nvidia, and cobb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! I want it to sound good but not let everyone on the block know I'm driving by. I do like the sound of both the Corsa and ETS systems based in youtube videos, although youtube videos are kind of useless when it comes to exhaust volumes.

The main thing that bothers me about the Corsa is how low the resonator hangs. I have a relatively steep driveway and I pass over a minimum of two very bumpy railroad tracks every day so I am concerned about hitting it. I am also coming from a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser so I am already stressing driving this car with stock ground clearance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I think I've decided on a resonated Grimmspeed, so if anyone in the area has one and is willing to meet up so I can hear it in person, that would be awesome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts