Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just picked up my 2016 WRX base. I want to upgrade my exhaust to something that can give me more power, provide that nice subie rumble, and make my car noticeably louder. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
-Connor

·
Registered
369 Posts
16 wrx has equal length headers, rumble comes from unequal length headers. You trade rumble for earlier boost with 15+ wrx.

Congrats on the car though.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
Hey everyone, just picked up my 2016 WRX base. I want to upgrade my exhaust to something that can give me more power, provide that nice subie rumble, and make my car noticeably louder. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
-Connor
Anything that adds power will require tuning. No matter what exhaust you add to the car it will always sound like a Honda because of the exhaust headers required for the twin scroll turbo.

I would suggest going the intake route on the fa20f engines as you get more power per dollar of investment there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wouldn't worry about chasing the rumble. I had a 17wrx with nameless axleback 5in muffler & thought the wrx sounded pretty good. You don't get the whoosh under the hood the same way in an sti. I went back to traded for an sti but the main difference for me was steering feel. I have also seen a wrx with full exhaust, intake & tune & thought that sounded pretty cool. When they say "it sounds like a honda" I don't think they mean sohc civic with an ebay fart can on the back.

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
I wouldn't worry about chasing the rumble. I had a 17wrx with nameless axleback 5in muffler & thought the wrx sounded pretty good. You don't get the whoosh under the hood the same way in an sti. I went back to traded for an sti but the main difference for me was steering feel. I have also seen a wrx with full exhaust, intake & tune & thought that sounded pretty cool. When they say "it sounds like a honda" I don't think they mean sohc civic with an ebay fart can on the back.
You are correct. The exhaust sounds dandy. I like the sound of a Corsa on them personally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts