ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '03 stock WRX. my cousin told me i should just put and intake on it and a good exhaust and that would be enough. i post on here asking about intakes but they all said the stock one is great. so i am planning on keeping it there. but as for exhaust (up-pipe, down-pipe, and catback) what are some good companies that sell them with a good amount of sound and proformance gained? also keep in mind im on a high schoolers budget so dont go say a Turbo Sx exhaust haha.
Thanks foryour time and help!
-Joe.:D

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What is your budget?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
The cheape$t way is to use second hand parts or to gut your own parts. Either way will make the car illegal for road use anywhere in the United States, so check your local regulations as far as smog goes. If you go used, you still have to buy brand new gaskets and it's worth getting those from Subaru so you don't end up doing the job twice. I don't know where "wdm" is but if you are north of Los Angeles or Miami and are trying to free the bolts on an 03 car that have never been removed since the car was assembled, you are in for the time of your life. Buy extra studs and bolts etc. and have them handy too.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Used parts are the way to go if you are on a budget. Head over to Nasioc and search through their private classifieds and you'll find some good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts