ClubWRX Forum banner

561 - 580 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
so i have been searching around for clips and sounds samples of cat back exhaust systems for the 2016 WRX and have had little luck in finding something loud enough....does anyone have any suggestions on a louder cat back setup?

The loudest i heard so far was the Nameless 4" tip, 3" pipe, muffler delete cat-back setup

any other suggestions? im a newbie when it comes to this stuff, this is my first subaru and i want a more aggressive sound but i dont want to get into crazy modding yet

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ended up buying the Invidia N1 dual titanium and I LOVE it, drone is not that bad at all and it comes with silencers if one needs. Fit and finish is excellent, I get lots of comments on the sound being liked. Add in the MAPerformance tune and it rocks. In spring it is off to Surgeline for a pro tune once I hit 20k ~ and all my goodies, downpipe, gs intake, gs ebcs, crawford v3 aos, prl charge pipe to be added on ! Can't wait!

·
Registered
10 Posts
did you get your tune done right away on yours? I really want to but i was stupid and bought the extended warranty, so im probably gonna hold off on any engine mods for now

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
so i have been searching around for clips and sounds samples of cat back exhaust systems for the 2016 WRX and have had little luck in finding something loud enough....does anyone have any suggestions on a louder cat back setup?

The loudest i heard so far was the Nameless 4" tip, 3" pipe, muffler delete cat-back setup

any other suggestions? im a newbie when it comes to this stuff, this is my first subaru and i want a more aggressive sound but i dont want to get into crazy modding yet
If that isn't loud enough then idk what to tell you. That's literally a straight pipe setup with two 4" tips on the end that are going to amplify sound. Another loud option is the ETS Extreme. The Nameless, like you mentioned, however, is what nameless calls "cranking the volume to 11/10" and it is absurdly loud... louder than any car as slow as a stock WRX ever should be, haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
its definitely loud enough lol, like i said im a subie noob so i just wanted to get some feedback on what the more experienced guys thought....ive only had my 2016 WRX for about 3 months now and its my first one so ive never really been involved with them at all and honestly havent been around them all that much

·
Registered
127 Posts
did you get your tune done right away on yours? I really want to but i was stupid and bought the extended warranty, so im probably gonna hold off on any engine mods for now
There is no tune required for a cbe, I did run the MAPerformance 93 tune using 92 octane, it is a solid OTS map based off Cobbs OTS, it produces about 270-280 whp. Completely changed the car. However I am going all in and getting tuned via a dyno with all my parts and then I am done with it and can just drive and enjoy. imhop, just start buying parts one at a time and store em till you are ready to get pro tuned. Once I surpass 20k miles I am not worried about warranty any longer, I may also do egr delete but leave tgv's.

·
Registered
847 Posts

Couldn't find a youtube thread for this but came to hear awesome rally cars in the video, was not disappointed by STI/Evo drivers pushing their cars while ferrari drivers drove like the elderly.

·
Registered
847 Posts

Couldn't find a youtube thread for this but came to hear awesome rally cars in the video, was not disappointed by STI/Evo drivers pushing their cars while ferrari drivers drove like the elderly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perrin. HKS legamax premium. ETS. Corsa.

Can anyone rank these on how loud they are with a scale to the stock exhaust. I'm looking for a catback more on the quiet side, yet still a step up from stock. Also looking to get a Downpipe in the near future which I only assume will increase the volume on which ever I end up choosing. Other recomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perrin. HKS legamax premium. ETS. Corsa.

Can anyone rank these on how loud they are with a scale to the stock exhaust. I'm looking for a catback more on the quiet side, yet still a step up from stock. Also looking to get a Downpipe in the near future which I only assume will increase the volume on which ever I end up choosing. Other recomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone !

Iám about to go all out and install this Arospeed Exhaust valve control mechanism. however here are some things we need to get clear -

1. Im not using it to reduce volume ( I'll get to this later )
2. Im not using this to sandwich between my piping to control flow of gases.

What iám expecting -

Creating a "Y"pipe set up from the center pipe to switch on LOUD and Silent mode when needed.

HOWEVER - We have seriously strict cops and they hate subies with loud exhaust.

Question - 1 . this valve when fully closed doesn't seal, would this create a loud noise from the minute gap around the exhaust valve?
2. Does anyone have experience with valves of this nature? whats your feedback on this kinda of product?

** I have attached images of the Product "arospeed exhaust valve"**

in one of the images i have closed it fully, where the gap can be clearly visible.

Thanks
AJ WhatsApp Image 2017-04-16 at 10.17.57 PM.jpg WhatsApp Image 2017-04-16 at 10.17.57 PM (2).jpg WhatsApp Image 2017-04-16 at 10.17.57 PM (1).jpg

561 - 580 of 587 Posts