ClubWRX Forum banner

541 - 560 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
2012 WRX Hatchback - SPT EXhaust

Finally got around to getting a video clip of my SPT CBE and put together a little before and after video. I know that there already is an SPT before and after video with a 2011 WRX hatch, but I did a full RPM cycle so you guys can hear it at every throttle level....enjoy!

In 1080p if you have a screen that will support it:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum, and don't have a whole lot of time to be doing research. But i am curious as to what everyone thinks the loudest exhaust set up would be for an 08 STI. I have been contemplating on doing tomei headers, and everything invidia from the turbo back.. Please help !?

·
MAINEiac
3,255 Posts
With this exhaust set up, will it still have the subaru rumble ? Or will it just end up sounding like a loud race car.
Any exhaust will have the "subaru rumble" if it is put on the wrx/sti, unless you put equal length headers on versus the stock unequal length headers.

·
Registered
23 Posts

2005 WRX with a Perrin catback and nothing else. I did a comparison with stock and no catback at all (which was nice). The end clip is just a hard drive by through first and second. I personally love the sound, and I'm sure the downpipe will open it up even more, but the volume level COULD be a little louder. And sorry for the terrible video quality, I have no idea how to edit so i just found an app on my phone to throw all the videos together and it didn't turn out too great.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a couple videos up already grouped into ScoobySport but they're roughly the same setup; the ScoobySport mid-pipe and back-box are constant throughout. This is my current total setup:
2004 STi cat-less up-pipe
Crucial Racing divorced-wastegate coated cat-less downpipe
Stromung third-cat-delete race pipe
ScoobySport Mid-pipe
ScoobySport New Age Back-box

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking for some feedback.

I am considering a cat back exhaust for my 15 wrx, either a Cobb, Perrin or invidia . Currently have Cobb AP with OTS map, huge difference over stock and am happy but will eventually go Bren E-Tune I think or a Pro Tune but this will only occur after I decide whether I will add Cobb cai once they release for the 15 wrx. The only other item I will be adding in the next month is a Crawford AOS unit.

I like is the Invidia Q300 Twin Outlet Rolled Stainless Steel Quad Tip Cat-Back sound a lot and am looking for sound clips of the their dual tip cat back. What I am unsure of is whether they are available resonated or non resonated and whether they have the dreaded drone on the highway which I would like to avoid. Going Cobb would be nice as any further add on I would just stick with Cobb as well, but the invidia price is real good right now......

The single tip exhaust on each side looks decent imho and saves a good chunk of sale as their is a great sale on the invidia exhausts right now

·
Registered
7 Posts
anybody have a in cab sound clip for 06-07 wrx with the tomei ti expreme exhaust?
cant find one where the driver isn't planting his foot mashin through gears.

would really like to hear what its like inside just daily driving if theres a drone sound (which most likely there is) and how bad is it?

541 - 560 of 587 Posts
About this Discussion
586 Replies
298 Participants
TRebelo
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing