ClubWRX Forum banner

521 - 540 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
im looking to keep my exhaust pretty much stock but i've been looking into hi-flow catted downpipes recently. I was wondering if swapping this into my exhaust system alone will have noticeable benefits ex. power gain and a slightly better sound.
Actually a high flow catted DP will help a lot due to the fact you are replacing TWO stock cats with one high flow unit. You will get performance and sound bennefits. As to how noticable they will be. HP and torque will be maybe +10 to +15 with slightly quicker turbo spool. But with the AP or Tune that this would then allow for, gains would be significant. Sound bennifits probably only noticable to you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I made a 5 piece video because I swapped my stock catted centerpipe (third cat) with a Stromung catless section. Everything else is the same (STi uppipe, stock TD04, Crucial Racing downpipe, Scoobysport midpipe and backbox) and the 5 steps are: with catted section all connected, with catted section midpipe disconnected, straight from downpipe, with Stromung centerpipe straight out, then everything connected.
Stromung clips

I also have a video I made when I added the Scoobysport pipes a few years ago.
Scoobysport

·
Registered
31 Posts
Turbo XS standard turbo back

Anyone have an exhaust clip for the TXS standard TB for 02-07wrx/sti. I have a stock 03 wagon, and want to put a turbo back on. I don't need anything loud and obnoxious, just not my style. Does this seem like a good TBE for me? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exhaust Sound Clip

I have found a great exhaust sound clip for an 06 WRX. Cobb TBE. The beginning of the video is the stock exhaust and the last three quarters of the video are the Cobb exhaust. I thought this video was a great clip for anyone wanting to here what the Cobb TBE sounds like. Enjoy.

YouTube - WRX Exhaust

·
Registered
62 Posts
Question regarding Exhaust for a 2011 WRX:

Top 3 Loudest Exhaust Systems (CatBack or TBE)

Top 3 Overall Nicest Exhaust Systems

GO!

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I have found a great exhaust sound clip for an 06 WRX. Cobb TBE. The beginning of the video is the stock exhaust and the last three quarters of the video are the Cobb exhaust. I thought this video was a great clip for anyone wanting to here what the Cobb TBE sounds like. Enjoy.

YouTube - WRX Exhaust
I think I found my exhaust!

·
Registered
3 Posts
so im looking to get an exhaust and i really like the Borla hush but does that only come in catback and if so can i just get different downpipe????

521 - 540 of 587 Posts