ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 wrx hatchback, im from MI, and i m looking at getting exhaust for it really really soon. i want an exhaust system that has a great sound, and is a good quality exhaust system but that is not to to loud. I have listened to alot of videos, but i kind of want to see what some of you that have exhaust systems would suggest to me. but the main thing is i want a nice deep sound. Thank you very much for you help

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Videos don't give an accurate representation. You really need to hear exhausts in person. Your best bet is to hit up local meets and listen to what people have.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Videos don't give an accurate representation. You really need to hear exhausts in person. Your best bet is to hit up local meets and listen to what people have.
+1

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
also agree on going out to meets, check the "locals" part of the forum...

I have a perrin cbe on my 09 wrx and it is pretty deep, and not too loud. I have heard that a lot of people who pick up Invidia N1s keep them for a short time and then get tired of how loud they are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just put the SPT exhaust on my 2010, and I like the sound of it.. Def not too loud and has a great sound. It wont drone you out if you have to drive a ways either..

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just put the SPT exhaust on my 2010, and I like the sound of it.. Def not too loud and has a great sound. It wont drone you out if you have to drive a ways either..
+1 I love mine. I drive 50 miles a day. No drone....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
I also have SPT exhaust. From what I've heard it's one of the quietest exhaust for our cars. It's somewhat loud from initial cold start up and quiet down when warmed up. It's perfect exhaust for a DD. It has a great note once you start stepping on it.

This is the most accurate sounding recording I have found(Note that you need a well balanced good quality speakers for it to sound correctly). Just remember it will never sound as good as live performance :).

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have heard about all the high end after market exhaust systems and I think you are going to like just about all of them as far as sound as long as it has a muffler. The race type exausts with the straight through cans are the only ones that are loud to me. I think it all comes down to witch one looks the best to you.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
You may also want to find someone running a Q300.... those are pretty quiet.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
The SPT for the newer cars really sounds good in that video; reminds me of what the Cobb catback sounded like on my first bugeye when it was otherwise stock. More growl, but mellow.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Change the downpipe coupled with the spt and its nice and quiet for normal running but has a low roar when your foot is buried in its rear. that's on my '10 and I've found same with the 11's

kinda wish I didn't have to cut the bumper on my '10 to be able to run one of the '11 spt cbe's, I do like how they sound.

Cobb is expensive but I helped a local guy put a tbe on his 11 and not only did it fit absolutely perfect its sound is super sweet. Its not loud.. but has this lovely tone that I've not heard in any other exhaust. Its a slight touch louder than the spt outside but same inside the car. If you have the coin I highly recommend going with cobb.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Cobb is expensive but I helped a local guy put a tbe on his 11 and not only did it fit absolutely perfect its sound is super sweet. Its not loud.. but has this lovely tone that I've not heard in any other exhaust. Its a slight touch louder than the spt outside but same inside the car. If you have the coin I highly recommend going with cobb.
I LOVE my Cobb TBE. Perfect fitment. Perfect sound. ...all for the low, low price of $1800. :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want something that is almost like stock, just a bit louder for the nice sound, than check out Fujitusbo. Best exhausts in the market, and quiet, closest to stock.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It really all depends on what you want as far as volume/sound level and what your idea of a "good price is"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts