ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could simply swap my stock exhaust out on my 04 Impreza wagon and put in a used 05 sti fatback from a sedan would it be a plug and play or no. And is it worth it for around 240$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
20,436 Posts
It will fit 100% the same way as the OEM.

HOWEVER, there is little value. Personally, I would save my money and spend on something a bit more upmarket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a fan of the stock exhaust and want to change it but I’m on a tight budget what do u recommend? A catback...?

·
Æternum
20,436 Posts
What about the stock exhaust are you "not a fan of?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To quiet I wanna hear the subi rumble and and the tiny bit of hp with the catback what do u guys recommended

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
You won't see any gains from the exhaust. If I'm not mistaken all of the non turbo vehicles have equal length headers and no exhaust will give it a rumble.

·
Æternum
20,436 Posts
Oops, my fault.

I misread your original post as you owned a WRX.

No, the exhaust will not fit a standard Impreza per my knowledge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any decent brands that make catbacks u guys recommended that won’t break the bank

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
I'm really funny about stuff like that and will spend the extra dime for something that is superior quality. The cat back on my wrx ran about 1400 or something.

To be honest it's going to be tempting to buy inexpensive eBay junk but save for a while and splurge on something by a reputable company like Corsa, magnaflow, invidia, nameless, or Cobb. The exhausts are better made and won't tend to rust at welds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For parts like that I’m staying away from eBay

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my 02 WRX wagon muffler with one from Stromung and I love the sound. I get a good Subie rumble with
no drone on the highway.

They make a dual tip rear muffler for 99-05 Imprezas.

They're not cheap but I think their mufflers are worth the price. Stromung was one of the first companies to offer
a high performance muffler when the WRX was announced in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts