ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to put an exhaust on my 04wrxHatch, and of course I'm quite curious as to what people have to say about which one to recommend. I don't have any friends with an EJ20 so I don't really have other cars to listen to and people to talk to about this issue. Ideally I want something that isn't too loud, but I still want to hear it! So louder than stock of course, I like the deep burbling exhausts, nothing too "canny" i.e. I didn't like the Invidia pipe that I heard last month in my neighborhood. And since I live in the Northeast, I think stainless steel is sort of mandatory (snow, salt, etc.) or titanium but thats big bucks.
Also which exhausts allow for more flow and power over other models/brands? Also, do most exhausts that fit 02-05 models fit my wagon? They should, but maybe Im unclear on this.
Thanks guys, I hope to get some info on this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an APS turbo back exhaust and I love it. Its loud when I want it to be but it is not too loud. I do a significant amount of highway driving and it does not drone which was a necessity for me. I don't think you can find APS anywhere anymore but the closest would be the cobb tbe. And it retains a stock looking appearance too

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I have an APS turbo back exhaust and I love it. Its loud when I want it to be but it is not too loud. I do a significant amount of highway driving and it does not drone which was a necessity for me. I don't think you can find APS anywhere anymore but the closest would be the cobb tbe. And it retains a stock looking appearance too
You can't find APS new...check for sale threads on NASIOC. They are out there. I got both my APS systems used for 400 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts