ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 WRX with a 3" hks catted downpipe and Cobb stage 2. Stock mid pipe and muffler. I'm looking to get more rumble out of this car. If I change the muffler, could I leave the stock midpipe? Is it beneficial to change the midpipe as well?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It will free up more if you change it from the downpipe all the way back.. but you could always just change the muffler and save a few bucks.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Sell car, get 2.5L 2006+ Subaru :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I ended up getting a used kakimoto axle back. I put it on yesterday. The sound is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Your first post makes no sense. You say you have an HKS DP, then ask whether it's worthwhile leaving the stock DP? Huh?

So now you're running the HKS to the stock midpipe to the Kakimoto axle back? Do you have a reducer on there to tie the 3" HKS to the 2.5" midpipe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your first post makes no sense. You say you have an HKS DP, then ask whether it's worthwhile leaving the stock DP? Huh?

So now you're running the HKS to the stock midpipe to the Kakimoto axle back? Do you have a reducer on there to tie the 3" HKS to the 2.5" midpipe?
You are right. I meant midpipe!! I now have a 3" hks downpipe, stock midpipe and kakimoto 3" axle back. The exhaust shop modified my midpipe to match my downpipe. The kakimoto actually reduces to 2.5". I installed the kakimoto myself yesterday. I fixed my original post. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts