ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my first upgrade today, AEM Cold Air Intake and a short throw shifter. My next upgrade will probably be exahust. I need suggestions. I don't want anything high ptiched or very loud. I want to get a deep throaty sound but not to have it really loud. Any suggestions?

·
2,472 Posts
but seriously...:D

scoobysport exhaust is great from what i hear - not obnoxious, but deff distinct from stock

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to a few mechanics and a frined of mine who has worked on cars and that's what they suggested. Why? Shoud I not get the CAI and get something else first?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
str said:
I spoke to a few mechanics and a frined of mine who has worked on cars and that's what they suggested. Why? Shoud I not get the CAI and get something else first?
Yeah, you won't make any power with that mod. It works great on other cars, but on our car is a $250 sound mod. First mod (besides Boost gauge) should be boost controller. That is the best bang for the buck.

-C

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have a boos guage that came with the car. is that good enough. How much does a good MBC run? Do you think the CAI is good for the good though?

·
2,472 Posts
whoever told you about good CAI's has probly been working with NA cars. but with a car thats turboed, the cold air don't make a differnece cause it gets heated up anyway when it gets compressed through the turbo. the intercooler does a good enough job cooling the air anyway. only thing the CAI might help w/ is turbo lag, but some ppl have said u loose some torque when u add it. definetly the myth about CAI on TC'd cars.

·
Registered
504 Posts
its fine dont worry about it. A test showed that it had no real gain on a stock wrx, but if you are planning on getting full exhaust soon then it should give you some gains then.
But in doesn't hurt the car and it sounds really cool.:D :D

No matter what you say your first mod is/was someone will question or critisize your choice. It is your car do what you want with it.

An MBC can run anywhere from $10 if you make your own to ~$60+

·
2,472 Posts
str said:
$60??? I've seen them listed for $300 or more.
those could be the fancier MBC versions that are dual stage, which have 2 diff boost settings that u can adjust from inside ur car, like the turboxs mbc dual stage. the electronic ones, like the blitz sbc-id, are around 600! but it does lots of other funky shizat too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts