Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I hate to bring up this question in case it has been here before but I am loooking for a upgrade to my exhaust but I am not looking for a really loud one. I currently have a full BPM 3' Gt turbo back and its a great exhaust but I would like something a little quiter. I did do a search for any other threads related but found nothing helpful.

Can anybody direct me to a good website or something that offers a upgrade that is quite excpet on WOT. I have heard of the TSX stealth back but I dont know wear to find this exhaust.

Thanks for your help

Peace
Kory

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have you tried the silencer in your GT? That should help the noise level a bit.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My Prodrive muffler is quiet (but oh so mean sounding).

The TurboXS stealthback would be quiet too, but "stealthback" keeps the stock muffler.

TurboXS stuff can be found at turboxs.com

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been using the silencer and I like it, I couldnt imagine how loud it could be or will be without the silencer..haha

Thanks for your help guys, I knew I could count on my fellow coloradian rexers.

The one downside to the BPM GT is the axle back hangs lower than most aftermarket exhausts making it vularable to dragging and since I go to the mountains alot I also would like an axle back that sits tight agains the frame like the stock. so if anybody has any suggestions for a different axle back that is quiter and doesnt hang as low I would appreciate it.

Thanks again guys and the few gals we have.....:p

Peace
Kory

·
Registered
745 Posts
Kory,

I will take the GT off your hands...does anyone want the RVM 3" catless I have.....loud and looks like a Blitz Nur Spec. As for quiet exhausts that hold tight.....get the TurboXS stealth back, it is by far the quietest and makes the most power.

Nate

·
Registered
139 Posts
My catless, unsilenced, BPM GT is very loud. ;)

·
2,210 Posts
Prodrive is a good choice for the more discerning and low-key enthusiast. ;)

But seriously, it's pretty quiet unless you crack the throttle going under a bridge. You can't hear it at all when cruising. And a nice soft rumble at idle.

-Pace

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it looks like the Prodrive or the Turbo XS, does anybody have pics of these two exhausts by chance? No need to bother yourself showing me a pic otherwise.

Nate, I will let you know about the BPM once I decide on what I am going to do. Are you in your house yet?

Thanks
Kory

·
2,210 Posts
The TurboXS (magnaflow) muffler is one of the loudest on the market. If you're looking for quiet, I would suggest that one is not for you.

I guess you need to state whether you are looking for a full turboback system, a cat back, or an axle back (muffer-only). Otherwise, you're gonna get some pretty confusing answers.

-Pace

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok, so I have seen a picture of the prodrive axle back and the turbo XS axle back. My next question is: does the prodrive axle back connect to the stock mid pipe or can I still use my BPM 3 inch mid pipe?

To clear this up, I want to keep my BPM downpipe and midpipe, but I want a quiter axle back (muffler) From what I have read the prodrive would be the best option. So thats why I need to know if the prodrive will hook up to my BPM 3 inch midpipe?

Thanks again guys.
kory

·
Registered
176 Posts
MRT turboback is the quietest I have heard. Even without any cats in my car any more this exhaust is still quieter than most out there.

I believe WRXHarvey also recently switched over to the MRT for a reduction in exhaust noise as well.

·
Registered
745 Posts
unfortunatly the BPM will only bolt to other BPM mufflers......which only get louder than the GT. You will have to ditch the whole system or nothing at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think Harvey is running a Vishnu DP and an MRT catback. :confused: What ever it is, it does sound nice. Not too loud at all. My exhaust can get a bit too loud. Helix DP/Skunk2 Catback/no cats. If you want quite, not the way to go. I do like the rumble of the boxer motor. I was worried when I added some headers, but it's isn't the equal length ones, so it still has pretty much the same sound.

Todd

·
Registered
139 Posts
BPM does offer a TT muffler that I thought was supposed to be more restrictive (quiet) then the GT.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW, I really apreciate all this info. Now I am torn. I do like my BPM but I just wish it was a little quieter and didnt hang so low from the rear dif back. I am going to look into the prodrive axle back and the MRT turboback. Does anybody here have the MRT turbo back and do they like it?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
MtnManWRX--
i'd suggest seeing if anyone in CO was looking to trade exhausts with you... maybe they have something quieter right now and were desiring something louder...
you can try that out on this website and at www.nasioc.com
you can also check at www.highaltitudeimports.com and www.cosr.com which are both colorado car clubs which tend to have a younger (ricier) crowd. you might run into a WRX owner there who is looking for something a little louder than what they have.
all that said, i LOVE the sound of the BPM GT turboback... its my favorite sounding WRX exhaust to date (no silencer). however, i have wondered if i would be able to put up with it as a daily driver.
good luck on finding something more to your liking...
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ronin2121 said:
I think Harvey is running a Vishnu DP and an MRT catback. :confused: What ever it is, it does sound nice. Not too loud at all.
Todd
Actually I saw his car last night and he told me that he switched to a full MRT 3" turbo back exhaust with the cat in the MRT DP. I even saw it with my own eyes :)... when they weren't trying to 'undress' that STi that showed up :D. Harvey even mentioned that he picked up like 3-4hp as reported by his blitz powermeter. I think he would like the exhaust even more if he got rid of that cat int he DP. I noticed quite a big difference after I got rid of mine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts