ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys might be a nooby question but heres what i got. I got a 2002 wrx and I recently ordered a megan racing downpipe bellmouth design 3" i got a 2" megan racing up pipe i need to figure out the figures for a mid pipe __________ (turboxs is mostly what ive been finding but in the 3") also i have 2.5 inch flowmaster flange exhaust .. (the dimensions seem off to me but im new to this so hey what do i know) so i guess my question is will the dimensions i have work together as of now? and if so what size mid pipe do i need.. much appreciated going to get this ordered today hopefully if i can get some answers! Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Is the Megan Racing downpipe a shorty downpipe, or the regular length? The TurboXS dp is a shorty, hence their mid pipe. If your Megan Racing downpipe is not a shorty then it will not fit with the TurboXS midpipe. Sorry, I have no experience with Megan Racing products or I would be of more help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the Megan Racing downpipe a shorty downpipe, or the regular length? The TurboXS dp is a shorty, hence their mid pipe. If your Megan Racing downpipe is not a shorty then it will not fit with the TurboXS midpipe. Sorry, I have no experience with Megan Racing products or I would be of more help.
I think ill just hold off on the mid pipe and see how everything else fits first.. it didn't classify it as shorty but if I had to guess I would guess it is.

Are you getting a tune for these mods?
Cobb accessport comes Monday.. parts are stacking up in the garage waiting to put everything on at once.. once I have a reasonable tune to start with.. I plan on having a custom map made as well

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
It is a full length DP with a 3" flat flange. You don't need a mid pipe but it isn't going to mate up that great to your 2.5" catback (presumably flat flange, but a donut stock flange isn't going great). You might be able to seal it up with the 3" gasket but it is a constriction that is basically a small anticlinal wall inside the exhaust path. You really want a 3" exhaust or a DP that tapers to 2.5" and matches the catback flange - it will be flat or donut (i.e. stock)

Are you getting a tune for these mods?
Really doesn't matter with a bugeye, although a waste of time without.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the flange on already.. it matches up nicely with the stock mid pipe as far as I can tell.. I did use some sealer to make sure everything was going to be sealed correctly and no leaks.. im going to skip the mid pipe for now.. eventually will upgrade the exhaust to a catback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts