ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Buschur 3" Exhaust. It says that it is CNC-bent. Is this worse than Mandrel-bent, and by how much if so. Also my fuel is goin down real fast. I lost half a tank driving 40 miles yesterday. Someone told me that it was my A/C but i dont think it would suck that much fuel. Its only got 700 miles on it so i dont know if i should change my oil yet. Any answers to either question would be great. Thanks:wiggles: :D

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Do you have any mods on the car now? There is no way you should go through a half tank in 40 miles, even if you were driving WOT the entire time.

I am stage4 and can still get close to 400 highway miles to the tank.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the Buschur Turbo back exhaust about two months ago. The only increase in fuel consumption that I have noticed is when I have my A/C on or when I drive like a bat outta hell which is normal. Day to day driving and some spirited driving on the weekends using 91 gas with STP jet fuel I get between 275 - 300 miles to a tank. When I was all stcok I took a road trip and noticed when I didn't have my A/C on I got almost 400 miles a tank, but that was consistant driving at 60 - 80 MPH. When I had my A/C on it sucked gas pretty quickly only giving me around 250 - 275 miles a tank (that was on my way back when the weather started getting above 80). I would either fault the gauge or bad gas. However, if it was bad gas then your check engine light should be coming on. Hope this helps a little. Remember, if you have any other mods they could effect gas milage. . . but not that bad.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im stock atm. I have about 750 miles. I was thinking about changin my oil but i wasnt sure if i should wait till 1000 miles

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
blahblah said:
Im stock atm. I have about 750 miles. I was thinking about changin my oil but i wasnt sure if i should wait till 1000 miles
if you lost a half tank of gas on 40 miles, there is a much bigger problem going on. I changed mine at 1000, as an aside.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
blahblah said:
I would drive the car right to the dealer. You are stock and have nothing to worry about. This shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sry about the late response. Before you guys posted answers i filled my car up again. It went back to normal. Im still gonna call up my dealer and ask em about it.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
blahblah said:
sry about the late response. Before you guys posted answers i filled my car up again. It went back to normal. Im still gonna call up my dealer and ask em about it.
Yes, give them a call so that at least they have it on file in the event that it happens again.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just an update. Its a prob with the gauge. I refiled and noticed that it was dropping between 3/4 and 1/2. The car runs great otherwise. Just removed my intake silencer and it sounds badass now. almost broken in 850 down 150 to go. Also had someone remove my yellow from the headlights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts