Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this thing but i have a 2018 Sti and am debating between 3 different exhausts. The invidia r400, borla s type or an ets extreme catback. I wanna see if your guys opinions can get me a better look on the sound and quality of the exhaust since most videos dont give out the sound as good as in person.

·
Registered
247 Posts
speaking from a wrx not STI (R400, medium noise level, deep and throaty, no rasp) (ETS, loud noise level, raspy but deep tone).. never liked borla so I've never paid attention lol

Most of the videos from the companies themselves are pretty spot on for sound, if you have a surround system at home. When I found the R400 on youtube I knew it was the one and got exactly the sound I was looking for when it arrived.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nothing is loud as a straight pipe lol n1 is somewhat loud but not as loud as a straight pipe would be as long as it's catted it doesn't ruin the rumble it's deep and not raspy either loads of my friends run the N1 and never looked back.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Nothing is loud as a straight pipe lol n1 is somewhat loud but not as loud as a straight pipe would be as long as it's catted it doesn't ruin the rumble it's deep and not raspy either loads of my friends run the N1 and never looked back.
You didn't read what I said. As volume goes it is second only to straight pipes. I've heard a million of them. Every single car is wake the neighbors miles away loud.

It's your prerogative to like it, whatever. Just dont downplay the volume of those fart cannons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nah,, any aftermarket exhaust fart can exhaust ur neighbors will hear. Only miles away if ur raving it while or after warming it up I hear my neighbors stock exhaust on his for focus and it's factory. Any aftermarket is loud and neighbors will hear it fart can or not someone will hear your car when you turn it over it's just the perks of aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nah,, any aftermarket exhaust fart can exhaust ur neighbors will hear. Only miles away if ur raving it while or after warming it up I hear my neighbors stock exhaust on his for focus and it's factory. Any aftermarket is loud and neighbors will hear it fart can or not someone will hear your car when you turn it over it's just the perks of aftermarket exhaust
This isn't true at all. Some aftermarket options are only meant to add tone, not volume. Others are meant to take away sound if you think your stock car is too loud. If your car is loud, own it. That's what you like and everyone has a preference. The N1 is classified by Invidia as a Race Exhaust, its extremely loud. Great numbers performance wise as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's not as loud as a straight pipe is all I'm saying fart cans or no fart cans nothing is louder or just as loud as a straight pipe... straight pipes were meant for straight obnoxiousness and noise. N1 was for tone and noise n1 isn't the same decibels as a straight pipe. No fart can exhaust is unless you modify your pipes catless N1> catted N1 catless could possibly make it's case to straight pipe but a catted N1 is no where near a straight piped exhaust.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This isn't true at all. Some aftermarket options are only meant to add tone, not volume. Others are meant to take away sound if you think your stock car is too loud. If your car is loud, own it. That's what you like and everyone has a preference. The N1 is classified by Invidia as a Race Exhaust, its extremely loud. Great numbers performance wise as well.
Are you aware of one that's quieter than the SPT that comes on some non-STi WRX's from the factory? I've been searching for about two years, but nobody's convinced me of one yet. And, nobody wants to sell their factory one, or if they do they want a ridiculous amount for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts