ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an exhaust soon and there are so many out there that I'm not sure on which one I'm going to go with. I've heard the HKS Carbon Fiber one, and it sounds nice, but I would really like to hear some others before I make the decision. I would really like to hear the Tanabe. I heard the Tanabe on a Supra Twin Turbo and it sounded really mean. Anyone have any links they could show me to that would have some sound clips of exhausts. The deeper the better. Thanks.

Adam
02 Black Sedan

18 MR-7s
Wings West Pro Wing
Tanabe Springs
300 Miles and spent already about $2500 in mods :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have just installed a Blitz Spec Nur catback ($650)

i am totally catless

this thing growls like nothing youve ever heard

do a search on the site...a guy named Verdugo has the same deal but with two cats in place and he has video/audio clips that you can listen to

lets put it this way...with the silencer out you cant hear yourself think

it sounds like a mustang or trans am, not like a 4 cyl rice burner!

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I did a search on this and not much came up. Its kind of a big purchase so I want to make it the right one, and a lot of your info plays a big part on my desicion. Thanks again.

Adam
02 Sedan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked out the link, wow that looks really nice. Looks very high quality. Sounds very nice too, has a nice grumble to it! Pretty low note too. Nice exhaust, thanks for the info and link.

Adam
02 Sedan

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I dont think the difference in sound is due to the removal of the cat. If you want something loud and sounds great I recommend the Blitz Nur Spec.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i highly recommend the Scoobysport. it sounds very deep and mean, i love it! i'll make a vid clip of it tomorrow for ya if someone wants to host it for me. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would really like to hear the scooby exhaust but I can't help you with hosting it since I don't know how to. Someone else please host it for him. Thanks

Adam
02 Sedan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TurboWRX, that sounds REALLY nice. Sounds real tuned. How much was that exhaust and where did you get it? Is it a catback? You have any other mods that would make it sound better, up pipe, no cats, anything??? Sounds very good, I may highly consider that. You have any picks of the exhaust on the car? I know I'm getting picky now. Thanks guys for getting the video up on here I appreciate it. :)

Adam
02 Sedan

·
Registered
837 Posts
that wasn't my movie, but its pretty much the same thing. if someone will host mine, maybe i can get it up here :)

right now i just have the axle-back, but pretty soon i'll have the turboback with it so it should be louder. i got it from Rally Performance www.rallyperformance.com .....it was pretty pricey ($508 shipped) but i think it was worth it. i LOVE it :)

pics of it are here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6114

i also just made another movie of my wrx and also my Tomy mini r/c car if someone will host it..... :D

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I should be getting my Prodrive muffler sometime this week, will try to get some pictures and sound clips, maybe a movie up this weekend.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm getting the MRT exhaust around the middle of next month, I'll try to get a clip of it. It's quiet, doesn't have a watermelon shooter tip, and sounds oh so mean.

·
Registered
837 Posts
thetoulman said:
i PM'd you
hey i just e-mailed you the files. if you wanna IM me with the links, my screenname is in my profile. thanks a lot, i really appreciate this :)
(sorry about the file sizes)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TurboWRX, that sounds real nice, throaty. Nice car, thanks for getting the vid up on here.

Adam
02 Sedan

Waiting to get back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts