Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have read my other thread about my 02 sensor woes, well there is a continuation of the problems. I have a mean exhaust leak between my Hyper Medallion catback and my Helix downpipe. I can't really figure it out either, it seems that there is a huge leak on top of the connection but only a real small one on the bottom, which makes me think that the downpipe needs to be lowered a little bit, like it is canted upward. It came with a new gasket to go between them which I put in but it is really bad. Besides the noise issue, does the exhaust leak hurt performance that far back in the exhaust stream, and if it does what can I do to fix it, two gaskets sandwiched between the pipes maybe. Any ideas guys, this is getting a bit frustrating. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i would try 2 or even 3 gaskets...that should work, this may be a radical idea..but maybe try to find a muffler shop and see if they will bend the downpipe down a bit..that should definately work. If not, hightemp muffler sealant..or the ever so popular fireseal 2k may work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts