Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 wrx cvt and I'm in the market for an exhaust. I just have a few questions. I'm most likely going to get the invidia r400. I'm debating in also getting the invidia catless downpipe to go with it. Will this set up cause me to get a CEL or will I be ok? Also what are the benefits of having a catless vs catted downpipe? I live in Florida so dont have to worry about emissions laws. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
They are both technically illegal everywhere in the us and Canada. Take that for what it is. They will both fail any vehicle self diagnostics of catalytic function.

Either one requires tuning, cobb is typically the option people choose although there are other tuning options available including open source. You pick your poison.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both technically illegal everywhere in the us and Canada. Take that for what it is. They will both fail any vehicle self diagnostics of catalytic function.

Either one requires tuning, cobb is typically the option people choose although there are other tuning options available including open source. You pick your poison.
So whether I get the catted or catless downpipe it will cause me to get a CEL unless i get a tune?

What if I get just the r400 catback exhaust and keep the stock downpipe? Will I still get a CEL?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.