ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The title of this thread is pretty self-explanatory: Is buying used/"new" exhausts (TBE) off of ebay a good idea (not as expensive) or is it safer to buy it brand new (more expensive)? I hope this thread isn't redundant. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i have the erz racing catback exhaust from ebay and i LOVVVVVVVVE it. it was 250 bucks. took 15 minutes to install. sounds great. looks great. is compareable to any name brand.

i could get you a sound clip if you want too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys,

The title of this thread is pretty self-explanatory: Is buying used/"new" exhausts (TBE) off of ebay a good idea (not as expensive) or is it safer to buy it brand new (more expensive)? I hope this thread isn't redundant. Thanks!
if you go this option already thinking it MIGHT be bad, then do what your intuition is telling you. if it doesnt "feel right" then don't do it.

however, it is practical to buy a TBE from another clubwrx member or nasioc member

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
do not put a catless TBE exhaust on 07 wrx they need a high flow cat for backpressure.

if you want to do the catbck that Wrextreme has you can.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been using a downpipe I got off ebay for 30k miles. No problems yet. You need engine management though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How about buying a fmic or tmic ? there are a few that I've seen , but they have no names.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
X02 Racing full catless 3" stainless exhaust... Ebay, $350

No regrets whatsoever, perfect fit, great appearance, great sound, awesome performance.

Stainless steel is stainless steel. Sorry, but it is. Pay for the "name" if you want to though.... you can brag to all your friends on how much money you spent.

A catted exhaust will obviously cost you more, but you CAN run a catless exhaust on 06-07 cars, just need a good EM first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had an ebay TBE(xs power or something) on mine for a couple months now and haven't had a problem. Fitment was fine and it sounds great. I'd recommend it.

-Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts