ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately SEVERAL people have begun complaining about my exhaust...mainly after I did the turbo...but maybe I've developed an exhaust leak? They say it pops/flutters alot now...sound like an exhaust leak? Maybe its because I'm not tuned..but people are telling me it sounds like a v8 misfiring :(

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, its a bypass valve...but I understand the one pop from running rich every once in awhile...but while I'm accelerating it "flutters" and "pops" while I'm on it...car not tuned or exhaust leak...can't figure out which...any opinions welcome before I rip it off...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hmmm the fluttering is normal, but the poping under acceleration is not, cant help ya there but the fluttering can be fixed by adj. your wastegate actuator rod... do a search for it, hopefully someone else will be able to help ya out with the poping

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.se-racing.net/videos/popping.mpg

Video clip...you'll notice that when I roll out its just raspy then for about 1 second its like crackling...is this normal? Like its driving me nuts that all of a sudden people are saying something about the sound...when I was Stage 3 no one said anything...now they make a comment everytime?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts