ClubWRX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The downpipe isn't connected to the motor; it depends on the year model of the car, the turbo positioning, and the flange design.

For the Impreza WRX, and for stock position turbos, the groups are 96-00, 02-07, 08-14.

It'd be better if you could tell us what you are wanting to switch between.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The downpipe isn't connected to the motor; it depends on the year model of the car, the turbo positioning, and the flange design.

For the Impreza WRX, and for stock position turbos, the groups are 96-00, 02-07, 08-14.

It'd be better if you could tell us what you are wanting to switch between.
Thanks for the clarification! My thought process had me thinking the same motor would share parts. I have a 2013 WRX and was trying to expand my options for a downpipe. I had heard that there were other cars they shared one with (primarily the 08+ STIs). So I'm guessing this is true?

·
MAINEiac
3,255 Posts
Thanks for the clarification! My thought process had me thinking the same motor would share parts. I have a 2013 WRX and was trying to expand my options for a downpipe. I had heard that there were other cars they shared one with (primarily the 08+ STIs). So I'm guessing this is true?
If you are going to be replacing your downpipe, just get an aftermarket one. Don't mess around with trying to put an STi downpipe in. It won't be worth it.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
^What he said,

I'm really not too keen on the differences from 08+ between the STi and WRX. I know there are some differences between turbo design and intercooler piping/routing.

I'm fairly confident the downpipe is the same for 08-14 WRX and STi. If you're looking at aftermarket, most venders will label exactly what part fits what year and model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
^What he said,

I'm really not too keen on the differences from 08+ between the STi and WRX. I know there are some differences between turbo design and intercooler piping/routing.

I'm fairly confident the downpipe is the same for 08-14 WRX and STi. If you're looking at aftermarket, most venders will label exactly what part fits what year and model.
I figured as much and the downpipes i was looking at were aftermarket. I just saw a lot of downpipes that would fit the 08 STI/WRX and were fairly cheaper than the
ones listed for my '13 WRX, seemed suspect. I suppose i'm just a cheapskate hahahahaha. Guess i have to suck it up and just fork over the $$$ for the right stuff. Thanks again for your help and patience guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
A friend of mine is parting out his 07 STI and offered to sell me his aftermarket downpipe that's been gently used. I have a 13 WRX. The downpipes looks the same. My question is, are they in fact interchangeable?
No

2002-2007 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible
2008/2014 WRX/STI Downpipe compatible

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am looking to do my first exhaust up grade and was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to buy cat-back systems in the USA. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am looking to change my exhaust from stock to something that will give me a nice low rumble sound without it being too loud. Are there any that are worth recommending?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I am looking to change my exhaust from stock to something that will give me a nice low rumble sound without it being too loud. Are there any that are worth recommending?
cobb, prodrive, SRS (ebay), autospeed. id stick with a twin tip or a small single oval tip. stay away from the fart cans.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
For low rumble and low volume, anything with a larger muffler and a resonator in the mid pipe should get the job done. Invidia q300 is a nice one...any exhaust that is similar to the q300 is probly what you will want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey quick question. I was thinking about running straight pipes from the cat instead of doing an exhaust system. My only fear is that I won't have enough back pressure and it may lose torque and horsepower. I've got a 2014 WRX. I'm thinking because of the turbo, back pressure loss may be minimal to none. What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 162 Posts