Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not sure if it was out of boredom or because I felt a need to give my neighbors a break, but I put my factory muffler back on today. With my Blitz intake and PDE uppipe & downpipe, the Blitz rear section muffler was too loud! Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a rabid rally racer...however, I was wondering if the restrictive rear end will cause any kind of bad back-pressure effects up at the turbo end? Help! :confused: Thanks.:D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
With a good uppipe, downpipe, and 3" piping between there and your factory muffler, you should experience very little HP loss going from the louder muffler to the stocker.

-Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim. :) Driving to work this morning was a let down...no more rally car. I could really feel the restriction on WOT. I can now hear the under hood sounds. The factory CD player is not that bad. I suddenly feel as old as I am. :( I really need a catback system with some good resonators or silencers or something...

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Don't the Blitz Nur Specs have silencers available for them? I could've sworn that there was...but I could be wrong :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Verdugo...I check on that. If there is a silencer, I'll just have to drill a hole in the tip to bolt the silencer on. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update...

Ok, for those who care, I was able to get a silencer for my Nur-Spec. I had to drill a hole to install it. It now sounds like a crazed bumble bee on steroids...and he's really pissed off!:eek: So, the silencer doesn't really help. Anyone thinking about this save yourself the time, money and a hole in your NurSpec. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Sounds like a pissed off bee, huh? Sorry to hear that NOSS...but thanks for the warning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts