ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this is the right place to post, but does anyone have some exhaust cleaning/polishing tips? i just got this killer deal on a greddy sp2 for 140 bucks. the only thing is it is very heavily tarnished, dirty, and discolored. i want to get that stainless shiny look again. i started by using some noxon polish.

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/145359_front200.jpg

its definatly better, but this stuff doesnt seems to be enough. so any tips on what you guys use to clean your exhaust? chemicals, rags, sponge, scrubber of some sort? all opinions welcome.

thanks,

-nick

·
Registered
593 Posts
mothers metal polish is great stuff for the polished bits (tip and can), probably work pretty good on the pipes too. not a whole lot beats two working arms and a scotch bite pad for cleaning up tarished metal though

Matt

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mothers metal polish is great stuff for the polished bits (tip and can), probably work pretty good on the pipes too. not a whole lot beats two working arms and a scotch bite pad for cleaning up tarished metal though

Matt
+1.. i got a used SPT exhaust, use mother's metal polish + shop towel my exhaust got a shiny look to it :0. Put some elbow grease into it !!!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Eagle One - Nevr-dull...its a cotton wad with polish. Best stuff ive ever used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts