ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so....

I've had my WRX since 14 Feb. My wife jumped up and down when I bought it, insisting I didn't need "all that fancy stuff" in a car. Now that I have it she has come up with all kinds of crazy excuses to borrow my car.

Example 1: "Its raining/snowing out and your car has AWD". Okay this actually would be a good excuse except AWD was one of those features she insisted I would never need or use.

Example 2: "I have to go over the narrows bridge and the wind blows my Mazda Tribute around. I want to drive your car since its lower and more aerodynamic". Huh? So you want to drive my WRX all day for the benefit of going across a bridge for 2 minutes and I have to drive your Mazda Tribute all day?

and may fav Example 3: "its that time of the month and my menstrual cycle gives me lower back pain. I want to drive your car since it has heated seats helps releive my back pain." What? No! I don't want you road raging around my WRX while your "menstrating"! After all its only a few months old and I wouldn't want the new car smell to be ruined!

so who else out there has had some crazy excuses from wives, girlfriends, friends or family memebrs asking to borrow your car?

Please share ;)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I put in an ejector seat just incase she opens her mouth and doesnt start a roadie. Otherwise mouth shut on road trips or your flyin at 60 chick.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
I'd prefer to be chauffeured around frankly. If she actually wants to drive, fantastic.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
My girlfriend can't drive my WRX. She doesn't have the physical strength to depress the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ditto original post. Took a long time and many arguments to get her to accept a WRX. Once she drove it she would like to have it herself. Instead she gets to drive the old Sidekick or the RAM, whatever the need dictates. But she's talking to buy another WRX for herself later this yaer or next.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
My girlfriend can't drive my WRX. She doesn't have the physical strength to depress the clutch pedal.
Same. My wife can't push the clutch far enough to get into first even with the seat all the way forward.

Combine that with the fact she can't drive a stick to save her life, and thus I never have a problem with her stealing the WRX.

I do want her to learn in case of an emergency, though.

·
8,921 Posts
Same. My wife can't push the clutch far enough to get into first even with the seat all the way forward.

Combine that with the fact she can't drive a stick to save her life, and thus I never have a problem with her stealing the WRX.

I do want her to learn in case of an emergency, though.
My girlfriend is tall enough, but not strong enough. She has a Stage 2 LGT anyway...she can drive that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had to split custody of the WRX with my wife. She love's driving it.

I was proud of her Tuesday when the guy at her work asked if that was her WRX, she replied "yes, it's stage 2 Torqued Performance" He replied "wow..."
Don't think he expected something intelligent to come out her mouth, I know I didn't :)

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
my gf cant drive stick, so i have no worries about her taking it...but i do agree with above, id like her to learn in case of emergency...she "doesnt want to break it" so she keeps refusing

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
My girlfriend is tall enough, but not strong enough. She has a Stage 2 LGT anyway...she can drive that.
How is she not strong enough to push in the clutch?? Is she emaciated??

·
Registered
116 Posts
wife can't drive a stick. I want her to learn but now that I've done the exhaust so its pretty loud I don't think she wants to drive it. Wish I had a black wrx and id get her a set of pink wheels to drive around while I'm deployed. Then again I could just paint my already painted wheels for her...

·
8,921 Posts
How is she not strong enough to push in the clutch?? Is she emaciated??
It's a heavy duty pressure plate with a sprung 6 puck...to get the pedal all the way down she has to stand on the damn thing.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
My buddy Clay is a really tiny guy...he had a hard time pressing my stock STI clutch when I let him drive it around the block. He pulled back up saying his calf cramped. All I smelled was burnt clutch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Those are awesome examples! My wife generally doesn't drive the car, and knows if she kept asking like that, she'd never get behind the wheel. I "let her" from time to time to appease her desires. Right now we're looking for a "fun car" for her to drive instead of the minivan. I think that'll do the trick. ;)

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I've told my wife she can drive it, but it's been so long since she drove a manual that I don't think she feels too comfortable. Fine by me - keep my miles down and the car in my hands ... where it should be. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had to split custody of the WRX with my wife. She love's driving it.

I was proud of her Tuesday when the guy at her work asked if that was her WRX, she replied "yes, it's stage 2 Torqued Performance" He replied "wow..."
Don't think he expected something intelligent to come out her mouth, I know I didn't :)
Freaking priceless.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts