Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have a question...
In the morning, or after you have not driven your car for a couple of days, has anyone noticed that driving down the road (after letting the car idle for 10 mins) you get alot of tire noise?
Almost as if you have flat spots? (Actually sounds like a thump...Thump...Thump...) I have been noticing the ride is rough for a few Km's then it goes back to normal, I assume after the tires have warmed up.
Can anyone comment?
Stock tires on an 03 Wrx Sedan...
Please help

Thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Never noticed that on my car. Have you checked your tire pressures? It might be that your cold pressures are too low and that once the tires heat up and pressure increases they're ok. I doubt that you'd see as big a difference as you are but its worth checking out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressures are fine...
I had a buddy that it happened to him with his Continental Tires...????

Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you live in a really cold place I could see that happening. Rubber is very sensitive to temperature.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
If you live in a really cold place I could see that happening. Rubber is very sensitive to temperature.
Hehehe.....He's Canadian and you live in Cali........I suppose it's all relative.

Anyways I think you would have to describe the tyre noise a little more...ie is it a consistent whirl or a thump-thump?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My work truck does the same thing, '83 Chevy full size pickup with cheap ass truck tires. The first 1/2 mile in the morning they thump like crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts