Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excessive post wh0res

I've been watching this forum over the past several months, as I am considering purchasing a WRX. I have come to the conclusion, that you can tell alot about someone by the way they conduct themselves in such a forum. Is it me or have some of the participants on this forum started showing ego inflation because of a recent sponsorship from a particular vendor? I am speaking in particular about an individual named Jim "PlatWRX"??? Also, is it common on this forum that certain individuals feel the burning need to participate in the majority of the threads whether or not he has something constructive to contribute or not?? I do not mean to come in here and flame him specifically, however, it is just an "outsiders" observation. Jim, I'm sure you are very knowlegable when it comes to WRXs, however you seem to be more interested in your "post total" instead of "post quality". Does this club forum send bonus checks for quantity??:D :D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This forum is for both information about the WRX and talking to fellow WRX owners. Its not tech talk all the time. Its also a place to hang out during work for most people. If you don't like it you could allways go to i-club. Just have a good time here and if you have a question ask it. I am sure you will get many responses, just pick which ones you want to listen too and which you don't, its not a big deal.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Re: Excessive post wh0res

Cabanaboy said:
I've been watching this forum over the past several months, as I am considering purchasing a WRX. I have come to the conclusion, that you can tell alot about someone by the way they conduct themselves in such a forum. Is it me or have some of the participants on this forum started showing ego inflation because of a recent sponsorship from a particular vendor? I am speaking in particular about an individual named Jim "PlatWRX"??? Also, is it common on this forum that certain individuals feel the burning need to participate in the majority of the threads whether or not he has something constructive to contribute or not?? I do not mean to come in here and flame him specifically, however, it is just an "outsiders" observation. Jim, I'm sure you are very knowlegable when it comes to WRXs, however you seem to be more interested in your "post total" instead of "post quality". Does this club forum send bonus checks for quantity??:D :D
I'm gonna have to agree that there is a lot of ego inflation by some. It gets worse over time.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'll work on, guys, but I do run the joint sooo....

I'll have a lot less time on my hands once my turbo(s) start arriving.

hmmm

i-club is always an option too, Cabanaboy...

-Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PlatinumWRX said:

i-club is always an option too, Cabanaboy...

-Jim
The folks on I-Club just.....Let's just say the majority of the posts here come from knowledgeable people that want to converse intelligently about WRX issues. Again, my intention was not to flame you....By the way, nice pic of your girl... *LOL*:eek: *LOL*

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Cabanaboy said:
Again, my intention was not to flame you....By the way, nice pic of your girl... *LOL*:eek: *LOL*
Thanks! :D

You came off like you hated my guts dude... :p

Also, I do this TOTALLY VOLUNTARILY!!! I see NO MONEY from the club EVER. I have contacts, but come on... we all do.

I earned my sponsorship by competing in atleast half a dozen WRX event in the last year and more to come.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Cabanaboy,
damn, you are like the new guy at school trying to take on the prom king here...
yeah Plat posts a lot, but when isn't it at least a little bit helpful? and most of the time it is really helpful cause he sure knows a lot IMO. keep in mind he moderates a lot here, which means if he wouldn't have already, he has to read most all of the posts on this entire forum.
if i try hard, i can see where you see the 'ego' coming from, but keep in mind the guy is excited cause he just got picked over many other people for a great opportunity with his sponsorship. i'd be mentioning it a lot too... hell i dont get my WRX until december and i probably talk about it at least once a day (mostly to friends who are tired of hearing about it). its just being anxious and excited...
i don't understand where you are coming from, since there are so many other people that post here who are just wasting space. like Kanos said, you'll get multiple answers, and you can decide which you want to listen to.
anyways, welcome to the club... interesting way to make your introduction.
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
In all seriousness though, who cares how many posts you have. If Jim had 300 posts, he'd still probably know more and be more helpful than 95% of the club. This is as stupid as the old skool vs. n00b mentality over at i-club.

My post total keeps climbing, and I'll admit I don't always post the most useful stuff, but I like to think that a lot of my posts answer questions quickly for the people that ask. I also think that others here answer questions I have quickly, and I'm thankful for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PlatinumWRX said:

Thanks! :D

You came off like you hated my guts dude... :p

Also, I do this TOTALLY VOLUNTARILY!!! I see NO MONEY from the club EVER. I have contacts, but come on... we all do.

I earned my sponsorship by competing in atleast half a dozen WRX event in the last year and more to come.

-Jim
I tend to say what other peple are thinking.. I'm sure that quite a few people here are envious of your recent sponsorship...however, no one like to deal with condecending, overblown ego wankers either. By the way, did you notify your new sponsers, that your deal of puchasing a wrecked WRX fell thru after you received the sponsership? :confused:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Cabanaboy said:
I tend to say what other peple are thinking.. I'm sure that quite a few people here are envious of your recent sponsorship...however, no one like to deal with condecending, overblown ego wankers either. By the way, did you notify your new sponsers, that your deal of puchasing a wrecked WRX fell thru after you received the sponsership? :confused:
YES, that's none of your business, but since you asked IT ARRIVES IN A WEEK!

It will no longer be a rally car, but it is still coming. I've made up my mind, you're just a hater. Enjoy the fire...

-Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PlatinumWRX said:

YES, that's none of your business, but since you asked IT ARRIVES IN A WEEK!

It will no longer be a rally car, but it is still coming. I've made up my mind, you're just a hater. Enjoy the fire...

-Jim
I thought you said that you did'nt have the $$ there big boy just a few weeks ago??? Oh wait a minute, If I quote what you have already spoke about here.....Is it STILL non of my/our business?? Anything you put out here is public forum and open to comments.
However, I truly hope the best for you and your WRX(s)....
"The Hater".....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Cabanaboy said:
I thought you said that you did'nt have the $$ there big boy just a few weeks ago??? Oh wait a minute, If I quote what you have already spoke about here.....Is it STILL non of my/our business?? Anything you put out here is public forum and open to comments.
However, I truly hope the best for you and your WRX(s)....
"The Hater".....
As I said, the car will NO LONGER be a RALLY CAR. It will be a street car only and it is also almost sold before I even get started on it. In fact, none of my plans are solid since I don't no where my money will come from next.

You've succeed in pissing me off, congrats, it's not easy to do.
Your squirrel has big nuts, but the brain is obviously rodent sized too.

-Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PlatinumWRX said:

As I said, the car will NO LONGER be a RALLY CAR. It will be a street car only and it is also almost sold before I even get started on it. In fact, none of my plans are solid since I don't no where my money will come from next.

You've succeed in pissing me off, congrats, it's not easy to do.
Your squirrel has big nuts, but the brain is obviously rodent sized too.

-Jim
So...are you saying a rodent sized brain pi$$ed you off.....C'mon...Since you are taking shots....Your comparing my brain to the size of the squirrel's....should I then compare the size of your ex-girfreind to a Blue ribbon winning hog? Know I know why you dont have any cash....Feeding here must have been a B1tch! ha ha ha ha ha :p :p :p

·
Registered
221 Posts
Now you've done it Squirel nuts....you have angered the might Platinum god...be prepared to face the full wrath of clubwrx and WorldOne. may your end come swiftly and mercifully

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey Cabanaboy

Hi Cabanaboy! I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. It sounds like you have been following PlatinumWRX's posts regularly so you should know that he is a very nice person who is very helpful in giving advice. SO BACK OFF! If you are going to be critical of someone on this forum pick someone more deserving. It should be easy for you since you have been reading so much of the posts.

You got someone yelling at you by your fourth post that's just sad.

I got your back Jim! Don't let Cabanaboy piss you off, it's not worth it.

Peace!
Brian

·
Registered
242 Posts
Before this thread got personal I somewhat agreed with squirrelboy. Jim does post a lot, most of the time it is with good, constructive information, other times it's just babble. Let's keep it civil children. :rolleyes:

Squirrelboy = ballsy :D :D
Deeez nuts!
Got nuts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok...I know when I have worn out my welcome. I will never again post to this forum. It has been fun, and If I knocked the "Platinum God" down a few notches at my own exspense...it was worth it. Just know this... I am sure that there was several of you that were/are tired of his "escalating ego". Unfortunatly, givin his possition here, few would say much. I applaud each and every one of you here in your unending persuit of speed...:) :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.