·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello peeps

i have saw loads of post by u all about the clutch prob

mine is sort of the same, but with a bit extra

please could u help, as i am taking it back monday again

i have a wrx sti type uk 2.0 05 2005, the stock clutch atarted slipping at 14000 miles, so i took it to a garage that upgrades high performance cars.

i asked him to fit a ap racing org clutch for me, keeping the stock fly wheel. when i went to pick it up i found that a excedy was fitted, the pink box version. was told that this is made in the same factory, just the release bearing is different. drove it with out hammering it for 150 miles, but could still smell cluch burning , when i took it back he said dont worry its still bedding inas it is a hard clutch, within 500 miles it was slipping again so took it back.

The clutch was stripped out and it was worn down to the rivetts. The manufactor blamed me for driving it like a c##t. Out of 500 miles 200 of them were bedding it in. Not raced it at all. another 200 were moterway miles and 100 around the streets. The cover was blue from heat and had small cracks in it.

Another plate was fitted and away i went. 200 miles to break it in. My clutch biting point is right at the top, only have to put my foot on the clutch about 15mm to change gear. I have lost loads of power full revs in second gear i only hit about 55 60 mph. Sounds like loads of power there from the engine, but its not trasfuring to the wheels. Also all the rattles, gridding noises i have saw in other posts are there, but were not before with the stock clutch

Please help lads and ladies

andy nelson

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please, please, please help

need to know for monday morning, so i know if i have to shout at the guy fitting it or excedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts