ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a UP and a TBE.

I've done all the searches in the world on here and that Nabisco site....

I've come to this conclusion.....

I truely don't believe that there any two folks that hang out on either of these forums that have the exact same system.

I dare anyone to prove me wrong!!! :eek3:

How is a noob like my self supposed to make an informed decision? :D

·
Registered
926 Posts
There's somebody else running around with a Helix UP/DP combo and Greddy EVO2 catback. Which proves the point.......MY EXHAUST SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSES!!!! muahwahahahawha!! Sorry....anyways....you really can't go wrong with a catless uppipe, bellmouth downpipe and a good sounding catback. Do your research, liseten to sound clips and just go with the sound you like!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cavadini said:
There's somebody else running around with a Helix UP/DP combo and Greddy EVO2 catback. Which proves the point.......MY EXHAUST SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSES!!!! muahwahahahawha!! Sorry....anyways....you really can't go wrong with a catless uppipe, bellmouth downpipe and a good sounding catback. Do your research, liseten to sound clips and just go with the sound you like!!
Dude..sorry...."somebody" running the same exhaust as you is NOT definitive proof.

My observation still stands! :D

Actually your set-up is the direction I'm swaying.

Do you have or know where I can find a sound clip of this exact setup?

Steve

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I found that there are tons of good quality brands. Just my own personal opinions for you:

Uppipe= JDM Sti. Why, catless, OEM, great fit, & Subaru stamp on it for my warranty.

Downpipe= Godspeed Why, catless, great fit, & will not give you a CEL (check engine light)

Catback=GREDDY why, 3" piping, deep sound, proved performance (with other mods) and when catless not to loud but loud enough when you want it to be.

But back to what you said "no one has the exact set up" some people probably do but I see a ton of peeps with the Helix set up & I would of probably got a helix DP if I didn't get such a great price on the Godspeed.

No matter what my vote is for the JDM Sti UP!!!

J.D.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I'm 100% sure that someone else besides me is running:

JDM STi uppipe
TurboXS turboback exhaust

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess my point was really that there are lots of choices and combinations out there. I was hoping to find that some high percentage of folks used "X" because "X" was the best of all worlds.

This post tells it all.....

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33608

I would like to see someone put all the responses on a spreadsheet so I could analyze it.

:D

I'm kidding of course.....

·
Registered
926 Posts
No trailboss....nobody uses that crappy setup ;) Actually I believe there are quiet a few of those out there because it is pretty swell. I really like the greddy because it hits a little deeper tone than my friends HKS. I enjoy both but the quieter greddy was my chioce.....because it's the best setup ever!!! I dynoed a 73.4hp increase in hp!!!.....................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts