Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think the best exhasut system is for the money? And do you think if I am going to do it should I go for the whole thing or just a cat back? Or in stages? Thanks for your help.

·
1,911 Posts
Get the downpipe and cat back together. Most exhausts are pretty simlar. Get 3 inch minimum. I use 80mm. I would also get an uppipe if you can. For maximum power go cat free but if you have emmissions there are a few systems that include a "high flow" cat (which there is no such thing).

·
Registered
316 Posts
What's the point of having "one" high flow cat in the system? Aren't you suppose to have same amount of cats that you got from the factory?

My opinion is that if you're really worried about emmissions, then either keep your stock exhaust system, or get a cat-back system.. but that won't help much...

Or you can go catless, and put your stock system back on when it's time to get your car smog checked. That's what I'm probably gonna do

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Ge tthe whole setup if you have the dough, it should cost you about $1200. But if go for a catback for aorund $600 you have the extra $600 for a chip or a boost controller, and maybe even some springs to stiffen up the ride.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with god. Downpipe and catback would be the way to go.
Up pipe to get rid of the 1st cat. How much difference from the stock cat with a high flow one? not that much i don't think.

ryan

·
Registered
55 Posts
What God and TristineLim both said.

That is the best advice you can get..... period!:cool:
For me, I have a MRT cat-less and a up pipe. If you wan't to stay leagal though, this set up is not for you, go with a cat back. No real performance gain but it will sound better and look cool.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts