ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guyz saw the new time that Al ran in his Evo:

"I had some amazing results today with my first and only full pass down the strip in competition with my new Gt35R turbo kit

All I can say is that the car is getting seriously fast !

Here is the time slip

60' 1.638
330' 4.607
1/8 6.938
MPH 103.40
990 8.885
1/4 10.594
MPH 137.30

Run done at 2:00 p.m. on a bright sunny day with high summer temps

I parked it for the day after this run as I am solidly qualified for the NOPI race tomorrow and I will wait for the eliminations to try and best this time

Here are the things which I think make my times very satisfying for me

Radial DOT tires - 17 " rims - stock Evo Brembo brakes
A/C - power steering - 3" Buschur Exhuast
NO NOS!

Weight 3350 lbs with driver"

Not bad for a "true daily" driver. Al's got the baby car seat in the back so he can take his daughter to school everyday. I guess this was also done with "low" boost. Pretty impressive me thinks. ;)

What's the fastest "true daily" driven STi out there?

edit: this was a question thrown out there for the MS peeps. I hope it doesn't get moved. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
4G63 is amazing. Not as amazing as Todd and Toddd, but still amazing.

But, I think the 2.5 is a better daily driver. No lag makes an easier to drive car with a nicer interior. Sure its not as fast, but you did say daily driver.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Woot, go Evo daily driven power...that is freakin awesome!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rancid said:
But, I think the 2.5 is a better daily driver. No lag makes an easier to drive car with a nicer interior. Sure its not as fast, but you did say daily driver.
Ian,
This 10 sec. Evo IS a daily driver. With a baby seat in the back like I had to boot.

So no one has stepped up to answer the question............what is the fastest "true daily" driven STi?? Just curious, I know there's got to be at least one "fairly" fast one out there. ;) :tongue:

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Capt. Ronin said:
So no one has stepped up to answer the question............what is the fastest "true daily" driven STi?? Just curious, I know there's got to be at least one "fairly" fast one out there. ;) :tongue:
This buddy of mine has a daily driven STi, he ran a 6.38 1/4 mile at 169mph (98 degree day, stock turbo, at Bandi) I swear, you can even ask my brother :p

edit: found his time slip:
60' 0.841
330' 2.506
1/8 4.008
MPH 137.50
990 5.785
1/4 6.38
MPH 169

·
Registered
805 Posts
Capt. Ronin said:
Just curious, I know there's got to be at least one "fairly" fast one out there. ;) :tongue:
Well mine may not be as quick as Al's ... but that is ok with me becuase I know it is at least faster than your EVO :D.

Seriously though that is some serious sick power Al is putting down with his EVO. He has been down this road a LONG time and it is nice to see it is finally paying off for him. What is his redline now anyway? Just curious.

·
5,799 Posts
I second that last!

On the topic of 'lag'. I was eyeballing the gauges this weekend and doing some fifth-gear pulls from 2,000 rpms. I hit 16psi by 3,000rpms..

Haven't done the math on the actual flow, but it will be significantly more than both the WRX and STi compressors at a given manifold pressure.

I'd guess that Al's car is just a little laggy, however.

-pace

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Capt. Ronin said:
Ian,
This 10 sec. Evo IS a daily driver. With a baby seat in the back like I had to boot.

Stupid hackers. I'm saying, which one is easier to drive on a daily basis. I know that one is a daialy driver, but I bet its not much fun to daily drive. I don't even know what I'm saying. My reply box suyaks my kayak.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Daily driven cars that get rebuilt every month don't really qualify in my book. Streetable really boils down to money and literally what your ass can put up with :D.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Al is doing great with his ride. I suspect that turbo will be going on many other EVOs as well. He is even less argumentative about his car on NASIOC. Great job Al!! I think the EVO has more drag potential. If a car has plates and drives to the track it is a driver to me. I do like the 2.5 better for streetability and civility though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WRX Harvey said:
If a car has plates and drives to the track it is a driver to me. I do like the 2.5 better for streetability and civility though.
X2 If you have plates, drive a few hundred miles to race, then drive home, and drive your car daily................I believe that makes it a daily driver. ;)

2.5 would be nice though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice find. Kinda strange to have all that and still on stock cams. :confused1 Oh, to have that much displacement. :(

Any more? How about STi's?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Isnt that the guy who had that same engine in a bugeye wrx and was gonna try to make it a sleeper? I vaguely remember him talkin about doin the welds himself and then someone flamed him for doin it himself, well lookie where hes at now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts