ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to buy the EVO2 but I just want to know if the EVO2 would sound louder with a 3.5-liter V6 (G35 sedan) or with a the 2.5-liter boxter engine of the 2005 STi? The reason why I am asking this is because one of my friends has the EVO on his G35 sedan and I would like to know if the EVO2 would basically sound the same on the 05 STi or if the boxter engine might change the sound to louder or quieter... thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Umm, I'm could be wrong, but I think it is actually a "boxer" engine. However, I have nothing technical to contribute to this conversation unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yes, boxer is correct.

Your exhaust note will definitely be different than the G35's. Yours will probably be deeper. I don't know which will be louder, though.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Don't really know, but I guess the boxer might be a bit lower and deeper..

I run a Catless evo2 and it's not loud at all !
Almost perfect sound. Deep rumble on idle and nice and loud on wot..

Sometimes I even wish it was louder as when I listen to music I almost can't hear the exhaust on a normal cruise...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
all of the G35's I've heard all sound very quiet. Some had aftermarket exhausts, but basically when somebody in a g35 starts rolling, you can hear it for like the first 2 seconds and then u can't hear it at all, even when right behind or right next to it. So I would guess that the sti would sound louder, both at idle and WOT.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I heard the exhaust on a G35 pretty clearly for the first time yesterday. I think the sound of it was very nice, but it was not very loud and, as mentioned above, only comes on in a very small RPM range. But if you could harness that sound, raise the volume a little and make it audible at a wider range of RPM's, you'd be in business!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts