ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my greddy evo2 yesterday. The install couln't have been easier. Looks great and sounds great too, although its a little too quiet compared to what my old car sounded like. I'm sure it will open up more when the dp and up go on. I'd post pictures, but I'm at school so I'll do that later.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
usedToDriveAdub said:
I'm sure it will open up more when the dp and up go on. I'd post pictures, but I'm at school so I'll do that later.
I hate to disappoint u but it wouldn't sound much louder catless than it already is. :sadwave:

·
Registered
675 Posts
It will be a teeny bit louder catless, but the deep tone will only go deeper when you do. It makes one hardcore rumble, can't beat it.

Evo2

+1

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hatch was nuts. It was really quick and was fully spooled by 3600 at 1.45bar. The handling was actually pretty good but I had done a boatload of suspension work like spring/shock combo, front and rear sways, front and rear strut bars. Also a peloquin lsd and a stage 4 clutch kit with a 7lbs aluminum flywheel. The car was evil past 5000. Just kept pulling hard. And then the wastegate failed and I hit 34psi going around a left band and crashed it. I honestly think that the rex has much more potential (even with the glass tranny).

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DTR rex said:
Evo is a great exhaust, The evo is the 3rd exhaust I have run with my rex and I couldnt be more happy :)

BTW: you old VW looked and sounds incredible.. With a previous car like that I expect BIG thing from you with the wrx :cool:
VF34 is in the works, as well as a header, up-pipe, dp and some sort of ems. I'm only looking for around 300awhp which the 34 should give with a proper tune. I really don't know what to do about the trany though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
882 Posts
don't do hardcore launches all the time =]

usedToDriveAdub said:
VF34 is in the works, as well as a header, up-pipe, dp and some sort of ems. I'm only looking for around 300awhp which the 34 should give with a proper tune. I really don't know what to do about the trany though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
usedToDriveAdub said:
The hatch was nuts. It was really quick and was fully spooled by 3600 at 1.45bar. The handling was actually pretty good but I had done a boatload of suspension work like spring/shock combo, front and rear sways, front and rear strut bars. Also a peloquin lsd and a stage 4 clutch kit with a 7lbs aluminum flywheel. The car was evil past 5000. Just kept pulling hard. And then the wastegate failed and I hit 34psi going around a left band and crashed it. I honestly think that the rex has much more potential (even with the glass tranny).
Sounds like fun. Must have been hard to launch, eh? :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated
You can either do the 6speed sti swap ($$$) or you can get a gearset like the one Kaaz makes. 300whp is about the limit on the stock tranny, of course some people have blown theirs with stock power because they abused it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AjIsDope said:
Sounds like fun. Must have been hard to launch, eh? :)

1.87 60' :wiggles:

You can either do the 6speed sti swap ($$$) or you can get a gearset like the one Kaaz makes. 300whp is about the limit on the stock tranny, of course some people have blown theirs with stock power because they abused it.
Probably do the gearset then. I like to do things right, but big $$ doesn't always equal better. Maybe I can find a totaled sti and just buy the tranny.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AjIsDope said:
Was that 60' time with slicks? How strong are those trannys?
That was my one and only time on slicks. The trannys are pretty strong. The only thing that I had to change was the open diff which tends to granade through the tranny housing and cause lots of damage. The tranny hung on and shifted like butta at 7500rpm. Also that 60' yeilded 12.45 with full interior.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
usedToDriveAdub said:
That was my one and only time on slicks. The trannys are pretty strong. The only thing that I had to change was the open diff which tends to granade through the tranny housing and cause lots of damage. The tranny hung on and shifted like butta at 7500rpm. Also that 60' yeilded 12.45 with full interior.
Nice! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts