ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my evo2 yesterday and was able to put it on this morning thanks to a slow work day at my shop. Fitment was very good. The only think I dislike is how far the tip sticks out past the bumper, the tip is going to burn my bumper because it is sooooo close to the cut out, and the axle back flange is the crapy stock style but it does the job.

On a good note the exhaust sounds *****in. The tip does look a little big to me but I have been rollin stock for a few months due to fix-it ticket. It has a nice deep mellow tone at idle and off throttle. Then when you jump on the gas I roars to life. I love how I am getting looks at my car again, thanks to the evo's sound.

Would I suggest getting this exhaust? YES!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its exciting but just breeth and more are on the way!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last one unless everyone wants more.... I might post more if you all are lucky

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finally i can see my post. I am not using the kartboy hanger and frankly I dont think they would help. I was going to build me on of them there contraptions that ppl are using on their bumpers for the discolorization from the exhaust. Its a little metal peice that look god awful ugle. A mother couldnt love the look of them.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
I'd get the kartboy long exhaust hangers. They will help, I didn't think they would help either. . . but after my greddy exhaust melted my bumper I picked up a set and it fixed it right up. They didn't allow the exhaust to hang lower they forced it to by being stiff enough to push it down.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont think its a fitment issue with the downpipe, because I didnt have the issue with other exhaust. I did however melt the holy hell out of my bumper the other night after a spiritied ride, outside of town.

Do you all think a metal shield will help out?

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
it will cover the bottom from melting, at the front most visible edge of the bumper but it doesn't go all the way back so you still could have melting further back where you can't see it. It's going to create some wicked rattles when the mufflers bouncing around and hitting that shield. I would get the exhaust hangers.

Musto said:
I dont think its a fitment issue with the downpipe, because I didnt have the issue with other exhaust. I did however melt the holy hell out of my bumper the other night after a spiritied ride, outside of town.

Do you all think a metal shield will help out?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help. I am going to order the hanger right now and see how they work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
huh?

Will those hangers come with the exhaust?

and Brian? You don;t recommend stiff ones but you prefer them extra long and black?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts