Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up the SCC issue for november and guess whats on two wheels on the cover.

WHOA.

too bad I would never buy a mitsu.

btw, the subtitle on the cover says "coming to america" (MY '03)

more importantly is a comparison b/w the rsx and the rex. haven't gotten a chance to do more than skim it, so I'll post tongiht on it.

DR

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Heh you guys should subscribe to these magazines becuase they get there a lot faster htan the news stands. I think the JDM EVO 7 is pretty nice... Is anyone thinking about getting a EVO 7? If I were to get one (I won't...) I would be the first to hold the license plate "EVIL VII" or "EVIL 7" :p

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Huh? That's interesting...I already have the December issue and for some time now from the newstand(I'm picky about my mags...I don't like it when pages are crushed to smitherines in my mailbox. Either way, I liked the EVO VI a lot and the new looks like it's lost from furiosity from certain angles. Apparently, it's better than the VI, even with longer wheelbase, thanks to electronics.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Schischwein, in that EVO VII does not look half as mean as VI, and that one not nearly as wicked as EVO V. IMO. The EVO VII are already being imported by Mitsubishi here to Peru (Note that previous versions were onl gray imported and were changed to LHD). If you guys want a vague idea of pricing, the EVO VII here costs 70K US $. The standard WRX costs 36K US $.... Based on that, I´d say that in the US the EVO should be costing around 45-50 k US $. Good luck coughing up the dough...

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, god

after watching your video, i'd pit you against any evo on the street. was that you driving? whoever was had that baby screaming.

i couldn't get over the sound either, what a great rumble. do you have a link to a list of your mods, i know i've seen it, just can't find it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
We are all aware that Dan (God) has his own performance shop. Of course his car kicks ass! That's his business. The Mitsu Evo VII will be expensive and slightly detuned when it reaches the states. Our 2002 WRXs with $2000 in mods will hand the smack down to every Evo until they have a chance to do the same thing to their cars.

-Jim

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good point... we shouldn't forget that the EVOs can get upgrades of their own. After all the stock EVO7 in Japan beats the Stock STi on the track.

·
1,911 Posts
Actually no, that was Phil driving from turbo XS. Right now I am getting used to launching it but it is MUCH easier than before I did all the upgrades. Launching a stock WRX requires a lot of clutch slippage and good timing. Launching mine you just rev it up to 7000 to get the turbo spinning a bit then launch quikcly letting the clutch out at around 4000 RPM (but not dumping it). Car shoots off like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just to clear up a few things... first i did not mean that the WRX was to compte with EVO... that´s the STIs job ;).
Another thing, i made a mistake on the EVOs price here in Peru, its 51k $ not 70$... that does indeed mean in the US it´ll probably be around 35-40k $.
As far as i have seen and read fromlocal and UK sources on the track the EVO does beat the STI in flat out acceleration, but on speed while maneuvering winding tracks, braking etc, the STI WHIPS EVO. So it boils down to what you are after...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts