ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been reading as much as possible but can't find any consistent answers. I will installing a evo 16 G in the spring. I was wondering what are the highest rated Injectors I can get 565cc? I was also wondering what type of intercooler setup run for best performance... a TMIC or FMIC setup? I am looking for more of a drag / weekend driver setup. Any suggestions would be awesome and if some people are running this setup let me know how you like it. Right now I simply have Cobb Stage 2.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
800cc? Get 650cc or 700cc and tune them down. FMIC for a drag setup, tmic for a daily driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I now know I want to go for more of a daily driver setup. Would everyone agree that a TMIC with 565cc injectors would be the best setup? I have also seen a lot of people in here saying the ebay TMIC are pretty good for the money. Could any suggest the better of the ebay TMIC's that are out there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have the 16g with the evoIII wheel and i'm running the sti pinks 565cc and an upgraded fuel pump. i also have a turboxs tmic. a fmic isn't completely required.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
All ebay tmic are the same and are pretty good, I would ask your tunner what injectors he recomends. I am a fmic fan and if drag is your thing it will be better to have, but it comes with some lag, not that much. I have a fmic on my stock turbo(tdo4) and the lag is over rated. Do what you like.

·
Registered
174 Posts
+1 for above. it comes down to your car. everyone will have their own opinions on what would be a good setup, but it still comes down to you. good luck on your turbo swap :)

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Does anyone know if SSAC is actually good?
Its the ONLY FMIC on the market that is worth the money you pay for it.

I just ordered one a few weeks back, it just got thermal dispersant coated by Crucial Racing.

I would run 650cc injectors for a 16G, you will push the pinks to the limit with an aggressive tune on a 16G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts