ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a cleaning lady that comes once every 2 weeks to do some dusting and stuff like that, that we dont get cleaning the house everyday. Well my mom thought she noticed jewlery missing and I was missing my sunglasses and $600 cash that was in a box hidden in my room.

The lady denies it but we know its her as we noticed it missing 1 hr after she left and she was the only person in the house to take it. Filed a police report and have to bring by the box to see if she left any prints on it. Only other option is to use a lie dector test (costs $475) which her boss said she would do if we paid for it.

Tommorow I, and my family are calling her bluff and telling her to take the test, if she fails she has to pay back everything she took (including $26 from my 14 year old sister) and pay for the test, plus we are going file charges.

Not really subie realated but I needed to vent. I had to work 100+ hours to get that money and the sunglasses were my 21st birthday gift. I had big plans for that money, big plans :'(

·
1,999 Posts
One...get a safe....shoe boxes or whatever are obvious money containers

Two... always get a reference letter(or letters) from other clients of the cleaning lady

Three....if she is the vicious beeyatch you claim her to be....call INS or ship her back in the fishing boat she originally took.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thats Fing horrible...thats why i will never have a cleaner person like that in my house...my mom actually does when im at school...she had breast cancer and was goin through a lot of surgeries so she couldnt really clean...shes fine now after all her surgeries(double mastectomy oww) but that lady totally screwed up my whole garage, and moved all my tools around and all that great stuff! Cleaners suck!!! PS when i get my "final" house...the house im going to live in once i have kids etc... i want to tile my garage with white and black tiles...whos with me??

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
My place of employment runs 3 shifts in certain parts of production. We suspected that some of the late night employees were taking things from some of the offices. I set up a hidden web cam, and used the packaged software that senses movement to start recording to a file. We caught the guy, and showed him the video! It was priceless. Theft really pisses me off.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
At my work I keep a lot of change in my desk for soda and stuff from the vending machines. One day I came in and saw everything was gone except for the pennies I had. It wasn't much, but now I lock my desk with some of my things before I go home from work. Just pisses me off that these people will go so low to steal a little change.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I hate to sound jaded, but a lot of people in this world really suck. I used to keep canned cokes in the company refrigerator, to try to save over the vending machine price. They were being stolen on a nightly basis. I posted a sign on the carton, saying "Property of Ray, Please Don't Steal From Me!" They took them, anyway. I had to find a new place.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
schischwein said:

Three....if she is the vicious beeyatch you claim her to be....call INS or ship her back in the fishing boat she originally took.
I wasn't gonna be the one to say it.....:rotfl:

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I lived at home one of my moms tennis bracelets disappeared(worth over 2k) of her counter when the cleaning lady came. My mom confronted her about it and she said she hadn't done it. We looked all over the house for like a week. When the lady came back to clean again she "found" it. My dad called :bs: and told her she was fired.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before her boss was very friendly and sounded like she had half a brain, but today is something else. The ladys boss says shes believes the lady and not us and wants us to take a polygraph to say the money was even there to begin with and how don't we know that someone else took it.

No way to set up a camera as we already called her on it, ***** is probably in cohoots with main person. Polygraphs are $475 and the police say they couldn't get any solid prints from the box, probably because she was wearing cleaning glooves(said even if there were it might just be because she cleaned it :( ). Cops where no help, as it always seems to be in my case. If money was gone from there house I am sure they would have the lady at the station writing a full confesional.

I want to see this lady's ass in jail for burglery but am waiting to talk to my parents to see if we are going to do the poly or not. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for your support I just only wished I would have checked it before she had left :'(

·
Registered
110 Posts
That sucks man. Kick her where the sun don't shine.

On a side note....is there a reason why you didn't put the money in a bank?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was going to open a saving account the next day due to the bank being closed on Sunday. My girlfriend is buying me a safe tonight which I will keep everything of vaule in when I am not at home, not that I have much to put in there now that my money and glasses where stolen, hopefully I will get it back but..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My friend has a cleaning lady and specifically leaves certain amounts of money in certain places (ie $50 in a drawer, $100 by the bed) or something like that and documents it and checks up after the cleaning lady to be 100% positive she isn't taking money.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
My cleaning ladys seem to be quite nice. I'm pretty sure they are amish, or hardcore quaker...anyway, they dont go in my room because 1)tried once, got scared by amount of guns/ammo/naked chicks on walls, 2) no amount of cleaning can fix my 19 years of 'mess'

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
CKxx said:
My cleaning ladys seem to be quite nice. I'm pretty sure they are amish, or hardcore quaker...anyway, they dont go in my room because 1)tried once, got scared by amount of guns/ammo/naked chicks on walls, 2) no amount of cleaning can fix my 19 years of 'mess'
haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts