• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new .. got a question for you folks

i just got a 2005 wrx. I want to go stage 2 soo bad .. IF anyone broke their transmission with stage 2 please select in the poll what year it was and comment if you were suprised it broke because you didnt launch the car or go hard on it or let me know how it holding up .. thanks

·
3,726 Posts
Hey im new .. got a question for you folks

i just got a 2005 wrx. I want to go stage 2 soo bad .. IF anyone broke their transmission with stage 2 please select in the poll what year it was and comment if you were suprised it broke because you didnt launch the car or go hard on it or let me know how it holding up .. thanks
I have a Stage II ('02) with 163,000 miles on it. No tranny probs at all.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Edited the poll since 06 and 07 are the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice timber .. do you occasionally bang gears in 1-2 shift ? or are you very friendly with car as i can imagine with that many miles

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Stage 4 on stock WRX tranny no issues.

·
3,726 Posts
nice timber .. do you occasionally bang gears in 1-2 shift ? or are you very friendly with car as i can imagine with that many miles
I ain't afraid to drive my car. :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Stage 2 with an 06. 57K on the ticker, about 35+ at stage 2 I think. I drive like a ween, but I have been known to throw it down on twisties in 2nd and 3rd for twisty fun roads.

WRX trannys are like women.

Beat the living daylights out of it, slam it hard and crunch it a lot = not gonna be pretty and she won't be around long.

Give it good loving, run it hard once in a good while, use good lube and have some fun = can keep it in one piece and only have to replace the wear items.

In short, girls and trannys don't like skidmarks?

I guess :screwy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
83K total over 60K at Stage 2 power levels on my 02. No transmission problems (knocks on wood). Just change the tranny fluid every 30K and don't drive like an idiot all the time (some idiotic driving may be permitted).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Stage 2 at 110k

Only tranny problem was a new clutch needed at 109k...other than that, running beautifully!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts