ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this problem? With temperatures in the high 70's and high humidity (80%+) the evaprator core on my '02 sedan will ice over completely after about 45 minutes of driving with the A/C on full cold, fresh air intake and fan speed 1 or 2. The airflow out of the vents will drop off to nothing even though I can hear the blower motor loud and clear. Turning off the compressor and putting the fan on high for about 3-5 minutes clears the blockage but after the first time it will ice over about every 10-15 minutes. It is starting to piss me off a bit. Anyone know if this is a known issue Subaru has a fix for? Anyone else experiencing this even?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
i try to never use my AC, so i wouldn't know.:D sounds like a recall/warrantee issue to me though.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Definitly sounds like warranty. Take it in (and enjoy waiting a week or two to be on the list)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warranty has expired. I'm over 40k miles. :( Waiting for this to be recalled instead of stupid cruise control cable clips and crap... I can do the work myself, I have access to all sorts of A/C equipment and such, just need a direction to persue. Maybe a pressure cycling switch or something. I'll try to get some guage readings this week and report back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Happened to me too... and I am on 31k miles :rolleyes:

Its pretty sporadic though. Half way through a long drive, the a/c temps would start to rise.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I believe this was happening to me on my drive out to Colorado. AC would just all of a sudden go hot and then when it went cold again, a puff of steam would come out of the vents. Rather strange stuff, especially after you've been driving for 12 hours.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Anyone with a solution? I didn't get a chance to get a set of guages on it yet. I've been busy trying to keep my truck from catching on fire....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts