Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a stage 1 tune. My car doesn't do well with the Cobb OTS maps.

So far I've seen torqued performance, iaperformance, and phatbotti tuning.

Any others I should look at?

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
For what it's worth, I wouldn't recommend Eric at Torqued Performance.. I also don't see the point in paying for a stage one e-tune when you can just drive the car with the stock map until you're ready to throw it on a dyno.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Whitefang said:
Using an ap stage 1 acn91 OTS from cobb
Have you contacted Cobb? In addition to the product itself, you pay for support to make sure the calibration is working properly on the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you contacted Cobb? In addition to the product itself, you pay for support to make sure the calibration is working properly on the car.
I have. They were helpful, but I've had some weird knock numbers. I fixed the boost leak I had and the numbers have persisted. Also havnt been able to hit target boost for awhile now. Td boost error is always off by 2 so I'm thinking it might be the OTS map.

Ideally saving up for the DP and the tune would be the smartest route but it's not something imma do asap hence the stage 1 etune interest

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
For stage 1, it really isn't going to matter.

Once you go stage 2, Then start looking into others. Eric @ Torqued tuned my last WRX and my current STi and both seem to be doing well.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Whitefang said:
I have. They were helpful, but I've had some weird knock numbers. I fixed the boost leak I had and the numbers have persisted. Also havnt been able to hit target boost for awhile now. Td boost error is always off by 2 so I'm thinking it might be the OTS map.

Ideally saving up for the DP and the tune would be the smartest route but it's not something imma do asap hence the stage 1 etune interest
Their product is not as advertised. Continue working with their support until it does.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Whitefang said:
Alright I figured as much. Save and go stage 2 seems like the better choice here
Before spending ~$200 for an email tune, then paying for custom calibration in-person, that'd be my route.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
How come? Bad experience?

Not personally, but several people here (and in other groups) have had issues with him.. a couple of blown engines (which after reviewing the tune it was obviously terrible). There have also been a handful of other people who he refused to provide any support after the tune he sent them wasn't working well. Instead of fixing the tune he told them they had to reinstall the stock intake because "aftermarket intakes cannot be tuned for".

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the responses. Main reason I wanted an etune was because I couldn't hit target boost. So yesterday I decided to switch back to the HWG map. I had a torn turbo inlet awhile back, boost leak issues and I ended up running their NWG map after I had fixed those issues and still couldn't hit the correct boost numbers.

Well after the switch to HWG map, I'm within the +/-1 that Cobb gives for their map

1 - 18 of 18 Posts